cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PORT NO. IN

cmbchwang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday, I ported NO. out from ITALK BB to PM. Still porting. I used different name when I ported in. Do you know it will be ok for porting? ( the PM user is A, the ITALK BB user is B).

I provided all the correct account information of ITALK BB.

THANK YOU.

12 REPLIES 12

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks @computergeek541, that is good to know 🙂

@fujiyama 

Public Mobile does sometimes send a text message informing the customer of number porting failure including a reason for the failure.

fujiyama

@cmbchwang

No problem! Thank you for choosing my post as the solution 🙂

Hope the new owner of that number enjoys using Public mobile. Also don't forget the $10 referral bonus for the account.

cmbchwang

THANK U FOR UR HELP

fujiyama

If the port fails, they may call the alternate number you provided during signup. Other than that I don't think they send port failure notifications, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

VOIP porting, like landlines can take up to a week. You can keep using the VOIP number until it stops working, that's when you know it is ported. There should also be a "port successful" text on the public mobile sim. If neither of the above occur after a week, contact the mods to have them look into it for you.

When you setup the port did you fill in the alternate number? Is yes, Public will call you or they will send you a message. Once the port completes Public will also send you a text.

cmbchwang

how do I know if the transfer has been rejected? like message etc. because ITALKBB  is VOIP company, the waiting period is longer than cellphone company. 

cmbchwang

thanks

@cmbchwang  As long as you provided the correct information the port will go through the names between Public and your previous provider do not have to be the same.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

cmbchwang

I am ITALK BB  authorized account holder, I need to transfer this NO. to somebody. that is why i used the different name

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.