cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM to moderators for billing credit

GambierPoint
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi - sorry if this is obvious - the Public Mobile UI is not!

I changed plan mid-month and simply added US calling. I was charged for a full month. No problem but I would have expected credit for the portion of the month which overlapped with the "new" plan. I have not received it. 

After researching how to request a credit I sent a PM to the moderators. I have not heard anything back after over 3 weeks. I do not see any envelope in the upper right... I cannot find any way to locate the original PM I sent. 

Any help 1) getting access to the original message and 2) getting the moderators to reply would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

@GambierPoint wrote:

Thanks Dabr - the prepaid model is new to me having been a post-paid subscriber for many years. I get it now - thanks for the clarification. I still see no envelope in the upper right but not as important now. 

@GambierPoint  Yes it can be confusing if you've never used prepaid before.  However, you can still send another message to the moderators and ask if anything can be done.  You have nothing to lose:)

BTW if you scroll up to the top of your screen, you will see the envelope icon in the top right hand corner between your profile avatar and notice icon (bell).  That is normally used for sending and receiving private messages between the moderators and yourself to resolve issues.

GambierPoint
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks Dabr - the prepaid model is new to me having been a post-paid subscriber for many years. I get it now - thanks for the clarification. I still see no envelope in the upper right but not as important now. 

@ChuckYeah wrote:

I get what you are saying @popping , but I think there's a necessity to cater to the client, as others do, in a fair manner. 

If the client paid $50, then paid $60 the same day or the next, then yes it is the client's mistake. However, PM is getting their money. If we tell the client, they must know everything coming in, no one would sign up; there would be no need for this community; no need for moderators; and eventually no clients. Just a few people, saving some money until the system breaks down and it's not available to anyone anymore.

That being said, there are no refunds principally, and it will take some time to get it. But I believe the fair thing to do would be to refund the client's money. In the very least, the @CS_Agent should respond to the client to say No.

I'd send a ticket in case you got lost during the changeover to SIMON.

@ChuckYeah   I think the refund should depend upon when in the plan cycle the change was initiated.  If a customere has been using the services for a week or two before doing an immediate plan change, then I'm not sure if PM is under any obligation (that doesn't exclude some partial credit as a goodwill gesture).  If the change happened very close to the renewal then I think it's good policy for PM to issue some sort of credit for sure.

Anyhow, I find PM and other carriers usually try to act in a fair manner and will try and offer something if there is a misunderstanding of their information.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I get what you are saying @popping , but I think there's a necessity to cater to the client, as others do, in a fair manner. 

If the client paid $50, then paid $60 the same day or the next, then yes it is the client's mistake. However, PM is getting their money. If we tell the client, they must know everything coming in, no one would sign up; there would be no need for this community; no need for moderators; and eventually no clients. Just a few people, saving some money until the system breaks down and it's not available to anyone anymore.

That being said, there are no refunds principally, and it will take some time to get it. But I believe the fair thing to do would be to refund the client's money. In the very least, the @CS_Agent should respond to the client to say No.

I'd send a ticket in case you got lost during the changeover to SIMON.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I wish new subscribers do their research before joining PM.

PM is a prepaid provider. There is no partial refund of unused days remaining of the current cycle.  All prepaid providers in Canada do not provide any refund.

You can create a support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page.  Moderator may give you partial refund as a credit to your account.  But there is no guarantee.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@GambierPoint wrote:

Hi - sorry if this is obvious - the Public Mobile UI is not!

I changed plan mid-month and simply added US calling. I was charged for a full month. No problem but I would have expected credit for the portion of the month which overlapped with the "new" plan. I have not received it. 

After researching how to request a credit I sent a PM to the moderators. I have not heard anything back after over 3 weeks. I do not see any envelope in the upper right... I cannot find any way to locate the original PM I sent. 

Any help 1) getting access to the original message and 2) getting the moderators to reply would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

PM is prepaid and there is no refunds or pro-ration for changing plans mid-cycle.  It is always recommended that you select the option of changing at next renewal when making a plan change.  Sorry, but you won't receive anything for a plan that you've partially used.

Your original message will be in your message box (envelope icon top right of the post).  Look under 'sent' in the mailbox.

Need Help? Let's chat.