cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM overcharge me for months

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just noticed that PM had been overcharging me $0.50/mth (after taxes).  How do they compute taxes?  Isn't it based on our province?  I did a calculation and it does not make sense how they compute, how do I dispute it?

16 REPLIES 16

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@danlee wrote:

I just did, my problem is I believe they been overcharge me from day 1, and how do I go about to go back long ago charges, PM only go for 6mth?

Mods may have be able to see more detailed and longer payment history info. You can also pull up the charges from your credit card statements if you've been on autopay since day one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danlee wrote:

SK area code of 306 from beginning

Ok then. We've gathered the facts with you. Indeed. It would seem you're being incorrectly taxed. Although 11.55 seems odd for a province error.

So now you you'll need to contact the moderators and get it fixed and credited back the few bucks of overcharge. Good noticing.

It could also help to post a screen snip of your recent payment history so we can see what your base amounts are. Blank out personal info of course.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@danlee wrote:

SK

Adding $10 to your account, the total charge is $11.1 with SK 11% sale tax if your number with SK area code.  Only moderator has access to your account.  Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

danlee

I just did, my problem is I believe they been overcharge me from day 1, and how do I go about to go back long ago charges, PM only go for 6mth?

@danlee  I'm stumped, gather up your evidence and contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@danlee wrote:

Thanks, I know how much my province charge which is why I don't understand why PM overcharge me.  

iPhoneUser

Just left the conversation. 

danlee

SK area code of 306 from beginning

danlee

SK

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danlee wrote:

it was not the rewards that i missed.. after all the rewards deduction, come up to $10 before tax but PM always charge me $11.55..  Isn't it 5% GST and 6% PST?

So you might be in SK. But where is your area code from?

danlee

Thanks, I know how much my province charge which is why I don't understand why PM overcharge me.  

danlee

Yes, I am basing on my province charge and it still does not add up how they overcharge me $0.45 every month, I did not realize it until now, and they been overcharge for a long time

iPhoneUser

@danlee wrote:

I just noticed that PM had been overcharging me $0.50/mth (after taxes).  How do they compute taxes?  Isn't it based on our province?  I did a calculation and it does not make sense how they compute, how do I dispute it?

What province are you  in?

danlee

it was not the rewards that i missed.. after all the rewards deduction, come up to $10 before tax but PM always charge me $11.55..  Isn't it 5% GST and 6% PST?

iPhoneUser

Do not some provinces charge pst on gst?

edit: that must have been in the past. 

Here are current rates. 

31A62DCB-4D8F-40EC-B353-067EBE8CC1B7.jpeg

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@danlee could you post your monthly cost, the plan you are on, , what rewards you are entitled to, the province and area code that your are in. And the last months amount paid. Thanks.

@danlee wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danlee wrote:

Taxes are based on the province of the area code of your number.

Edit: Say you acquired a number in a 15% province. Say you selected the $25 plan. 25*1.15=28.75.

Say you moved to a 13% province. Say you kept your number. You might think your total would be 25*1.13=28.25. Not. The area code of your number defines the tax jurisdiction.

Need Help? Let's chat.