cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM not responding, and it costs me, why?

stephank
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't access my account to make changes and I'm stock with a plan that I don't need. I can't even end this with Public Mobile, just something like 15 years I'm here... but I had enough. How do I contact a responsable, do I have to get an Ontario court judgment? 

9 REPLIES 9

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Chill everyone. I'm sure he probably meant 1.5 years

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @stephank 

When you say you can't access, did you forget your credentials or are you locked out?

I suspect Municipal, Provincial, and Federal Courts would simply pass your complaint to the CCTS/CRTC - the regulatory (and enforcement) agencies which actually have real jurisdiction over Canadian telecommunication "laws". You can submit your complaint directly to the CCTS, they have a website and a phone number. (And if you've been with Public Mobile for any length of time you'll notice that they've spammed out SMS automessages with CCTS legal/contact information every few months.) 

But even the CCTS will dismiss your complaint if you do not follow their process. And an important step in that process is "the customer must first make reasonable attempts to communicate and resolve issues with the carrier".

Click here to send a Private Message to the Moderator Team

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@stephank If you just wish to terminate service/account with PM, you can:

a) sign up with someone else and transfer your PM phone number (account deleted immediately), or

b) call 611 and follow the prompts to cancel autopay (account deleted 90 days after next due date).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@stephank wrote:

I can't access my account to make changes and I'm stock with a plan that I don't need. I can't even end this with Public Mobile, just something like 15 years I'm here... but I had enough. How do I contact a responsable, do I have to get an Ontario court judgment? 

If you're sure you're done with PM, just don't re-up your plan at renewal time. 90 days after the plan expires, your account will close for good.

You can click on the ? in lower right corner of the page to contact a moderator if you need help to remove credit card info.

Public Mobile must be doing something right for you to have stayed with them for that long. You can always come back later on.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stephank wrote:

Wow here for all fifteen of Public Mobiles nine years, and this is your first post? And you only made your forum account ‎01-08-2019? The ? Bubble on the lower right is the best way to contact them now that the call center was removed even for legacy accounts like yours. 

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should message the moderators to get help. They can help you. Also PM has only been around since 2010 so only in service for 9 years. 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@stephank wrote:

Public Mobile hasn't been in business for 15 years. Did you send a message to moderaror or open a ticket?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@stephank click here to send the moderators a message https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Need Help? Let's chat.