cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM app

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think it would be nice if public mobile had an app for account info and changes. Also for this community

What do you guys think?

15 REPLIES 15

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lanlin wrote:

Shouldn’t be too hard to have one.

@lanlin regardless, they don't.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

lanlin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Shouldn’t be too hard to have one.

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know that it isn't as good as an app but a suggestion. With the iphone i am able to go to the website https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca and add to my home screen. I remain signed in and this is just like an app for me.

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unlikely to ever happen...but I agree would be so nice to have.

I remember a lot of discussion about this.  Koodo (a sister company) took away their app, citing online forum was better than the app they had available.

If Koodo took their's away, I really don't expect one ever to come to PM either.

jp2

Thanks, I'll have to try this

fsm7268
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

good point

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jp2 if you're using an Android device, you could us Hermit Lite Apps to create an app wrapper around the web site.  Here's some more info on that:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Very-Partial-workaround-for-lack-of-P...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jp2

I'm new to PM don't know about the lab

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This feature has been discussed a lot when there was a labs forum.  I don't see this happening.  

DylanM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agree there should be an app, for basic stuff like checking remaining data, & billing.
Including access to the community forum on the app would be an extra bonus but not needed I feel.

The thing is this shouldn't be allot of work.
Public Mobile is owned by Telus... I never been with Telus but I assume they already have an app that does exactly that for their Telus customers. 
All they would need to do is re skin it to say public mobile, and well change it to gain information from this system. 

But I got no clue how good the Telus app is, as computergeek541 said it might just be the website pasted into an app.

But honestly I think this would be very simple to do. 
But I wouldn't hold my breath. 

I've always considered these carrier account apps to be next to useless.  They are often just an exact copy of the carrier's mobile version of the website which can be already be accessed  from any web browser.  In those cases, the app provides nothing much more than a shortcut to the website. People can do that themselves by using the browser's bookmark feature.

jp2

Ya I guess the website has a fairly good mobile version. Definitely don't want price increases. 

I would definitely rather get push notification for the forum than emails though 

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

I don't really see what I would use it for... Self-serve isn't something you need to access on the fly many times a day... Nevertheless, if I really need access to self-service, I can just access it with my phone browser and zoom on whatever I want to see.

The only use I could see to an app would be to track minutes add-on and data usage, but my phone can do it with a good enough level of accuracy, and then if I want the real numbers, again, I can access my self-serve anyways and it's not hard at all.

I don't need PM money to be invested (and therefore a possible increase in plan prices on the long run) to have an app that would not be mostly useless anyways... Well, in my opinion at least 😉

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Of course, it is nice to have something like that. 

Doubt they will make one soon.  There are lots of stuff they havent finished for long time.

Need Help? Let's chat.