cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Service in General

michasmac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why do the other carriers have such a hate on pre-paid public mobile.  When I was trying to sign up (essentially just getting a sim card); the agents at various kiosks were saying "Are you sure you want to go to PM...its pre-paid"

I don't understand.....is it a lack of commission on their part?  Who knows but all I know so far Public Mobile has been outstanding! Smiley Very Happy

And to receive a $2 reward just to have my credit card on file (which I would have done with the other carriers anyway and not receive a bonus) is amaze balls!

Just wanted to say keep up the great work PM!

13 REPLIES 13

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@michasmac, thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience. Ya it's all about commission and/or sales results.  I remember when I used to work in the communications industry, retail level, you could set up a million pre-paid services but management could care less, they want that post paid checkmark off their board, pre-paid was not even on the radar.  So I'm not surprised you're getting sales reps who are trying to deter you from PM or any other pre-paid companies.  Sometimes you gotta put yourself in their shoes, they're trying to do whatever they can to get their managers off their backs, if that pressure wasn't there, then I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be getting as much of that type of interaction.  

But I completely agree with you, I've been with PM just over a year and I've had no issues.  Getting $2 just for setting up autopay is amazing, getting permanent credits for referrals (as long as still active), and getting even more $$$ by contributing to the community (just amazing).  And to top it off, their plans are very good and well priced, and they offer promo deals on a regular basis.  That sounds like my kind of company Smiley LOL

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous

WOWZA

Grats @Anonymous

Aw gee shucks thanks man! And wetcoaster. Thanks

I spend way too freakin' much time here! I've posted roughly twice as you in a shorter period of time. Yeah too much time. 🙂

Addmitting you have a problem is the first step lol 11 more to go and then you will be a recovering addict just like the rest of us battling our innermost dragons or Public mobile lol congrat on you mile stone we should have a chip ceramony. All kidding aside thanks for all you do you do make a diference Cheers Lemew

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous

WOWZA

Grats @Anonymous

I spend way too freakin' much time here! I've posted roughly twice as you in a shorter period of time. Yeah too much time. 🙂

@Anonymous 

I'm fully aware of that. My excuse is that I have a business to run (and to move it into new premises over the next several weeks.) ...

I had written that while you had posted your reply so it was more towards RobertQc.

What fun. Yeah I've moved employer premises 3 times. Fun. Being the computer guy having to do all that that entails.

By the grace and patience of my ever-patient spouse...I'm retired. Doing reno's now. So I'm always around and checking in. Unless I'm not. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous

WOWZA

Grats @Anonymous

@Anonymous 

I'm fully aware of that. My excuse is that I have a business to run (and to move it into new premises over the next several weeks.) ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous

WOWZA

Grats @Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:
that happens to utilize the best network in Canada.

Fixed that for you. 🙂

@AnonymousThanks, I was not sure, I go by WhistleOut that says Ontario coverage as Bellus being ~10% more than Rogers. I don't have the same chart for Canada so always stick to saying "Ontario" to play it safe

P.S. 1 more post, and you're at 2,000 😉

I know where I am that visitors on Rogers and relations have difficulty finding signal. I have no problem with Telus. I have no actual other "proof" other than just thorough bias about Telus having their roots out west.

Jiminy Christmas I don't even watch these things.

Howdy 'bout that.

Thanks for letting me know.

Congratulations on your post  number 2000 and your upcoming half-year PM community anniversary!!! 

@Anonymous

WOWZA

z10lols.png

Grats @Anonymous

@michasmac wrote:

I will take it!  But look how fast the community answers right?!

We* are fast when it comes to general problems that don't need intervention on the account level that can only be provided by Public Mobile's employees aka the moderator team. Then the not-real-time support delays and struggles have potential to kick in.

*As in @Anonymous, @RobertQc and the rest of the oracles and top ten community members...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Fixed that for you. 🙂

@AnonymousThanks, I was not sure, I go by WhistleOut that says Ontario coverage as Bellus being ~10% more than Rogers. I don't have the same chart for Canada so always stick to saying "Ontario" to play it safe

I know where I am that visitors on Rogers and relations have difficulty finding signal. I have no problem with Telus. I have no actual other "proof" other than just thorough bias about Telus having their roots out west.

Jiminy Christmas I don't even watch these things.

Howdy 'bout that.

Thanks for letting me know.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Fixed that for you. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

Fixed that for you. 🙂

michasmac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will take it!  But look how fast the community answers right?!

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@michasmac wrote:

Why do the other carriers have such a hate on pre-paid public mobile.  When I was trying to sign up (essentially just getting a sim card); the agents at various kiosks were saying "Are you sure you want to go to PM...its pre-paid"

I don't understand.....is it a lack of commission on their part?  Who knows but all I know so far Public Mobile has been outstanding! Smiley Very Happy

And to receive a $2 reward just to have my credit card on file (which I would have done with the other carriers anyway and not receive a bonus) is amaze balls!

Just wanted to say keep up the great work PM!

@michasmacIt's all about the money in their pocket (spiffs), plus the limited support and control they have if you come back to complain when there is a problem with public mobile.

When they sell you a top tier service, such as Rogers, the reward for them is also top tier (I know, I used to work for Rogers) and Rogers also has 24/7 support so if you come to them with a problem they can take care of you, fast.

The more money you spend, the more they get. The better service you get, the easier that store can work with said company, to solve your issues.

It sucks to referr someone to public mobile if there is a problem you come back to them "Why did you sell me this sh*** service, how do I fix my phone? what!? I need to send a message? no one to call? it takes how many days to hear back"? "my phone isin't working" sorry, moderator team sometimes takes a week to respond, the message you got back after 1 week did not solve your issue, and they ask you for more details or don't even read your private message properly..... great.

While I like public mobile, it has not always been easy. The longest response time with public mobile I encountered was 8 days and I have had my private message from the moderator team not responded to properly, I was sent a "generic" response that did not deal with my issue. In the end everything works out, but you have to be prepared and understand this is a glitchy, bottom barrel kind of service that happens to utilize the best network in Ontario.

Need Help? Let's chat.