cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Black Friday Sale

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think PM can do better on their Black Friday Sale.. I got that exact same promo offer text sometime in Aug before.  It was not something totally new and attractive in my opinion.  

I feel PM should work on offering better phone plans for LTE 4G (increase data plan offer instead of 2GB).  

It is the millenium already and PM still using 3G!! C'mon you certainly can do better.

27 REPLIES 27

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous

Plus the people you refer will know more about PM than the basic" you save money"..😀👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danlee wrote:

Ya, $15 rewards.  U literally have to be online 24/7.  Geez... I am a light user and PM is the only telcom that rewards for community support work.  

No not literally. Admittedly I have spent way more time here than it's worth monetarily but it's certainly far from 24/7. Ya gotta eat, sleep, places to go, people to see, things to do, service the spouse 🙂 etc.

I wouldn't want to dissuade people from participating. You can put a little bit of time in and get some reward.

Yes. It's this community reward that keeps me here. No one else offers it.

@danlee wrote:

I don't see PM offering unlimited call/text/8Gb data?  What's the cost?

@danlee

As in @Carld123's screenshot, $50.

At the moment it's actually 8.5GB as long as auto pay is enabled.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-500MB-AutoPay-bonus-data-on-select-...

Carld123

@danlee

Here you go.. ..it 50 a monthScreenshot_2018-11-27-11-25-13.png

danlee

I don't see PM offering unlimited call/text/8Gb data?  What's the cost?

luke11992

I can't really complain, I have yet to see any other carrier match PM's deals

danlee

Totally agree with you.  $35 deal with 4G LTE will be something i am hoping down the road.  Keep in mind, we are subscribing just the phone plan without new phone upgrade so PM should try to make an effort to sweeten the deal.  

I like to compare my partner plan ($80++ unlimited phone/text/data & phone upgrade) and when i look at what PM offer, almostnon-existent.  Of cos, his is also grandfather plan 😛

dna2016

@danlee I hear you, I was saying the same thing months ago, but a few of the Oracles made good points, in that PM is the 3rd tier of the Telus family.  Telus being #1, Koodo #2, and PM #3.  They are constantly sending PM members Koodo offers, and at the end of the day they wouldn't want their 3rd tier brand to be offering way better deals than their #1 tier.  Most people, including some Oracles feel PM is going to phase out 4G LTE and only offer 3G, again seeing it is the 3rd tier, just to get people to go more towards their 2nd & 1st tier.  

Keep in mind though, performance wise the 3G is actually very good, but from a marketing stand point people want to see 4G LTE and not 3G.  I've been waiting for a 4G LTE offer for almost a year now, so I think it's probably safe to say that it'll most likely never come.  If Boxing Day goes by with no 4G LTE offer (at an excellent price point, i.e. $35), then it's pretty much set in stone that it'll never come.

danlee

Ya, $15 rewards.  U literally have to be online 24/7.  Geez... I am a light user and PM is the only telcom that rewards for community support work.  If i were to compare LTE with other telcom that offer phone upgrade etc, PM supposed 3G look inferior. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

>>>>>>>>>> @Carld123 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Pointing fingers. 🙂

Carld123

@kav2001c

Weekend is over..the brain fog has lifted..lol...sorry if i caused havoc..😀

@Anonymous

Man this thread got confusing since noone knew who was addressing who

Cat LOL

Carld123

@Anonymous

Tried to...lol...had to correct myself after i corrected myself...haha

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carld123 wrote:

@Anonymous

My meaning was I Forgot to put Community in the first sentence of my post..didnt explain myself correctly...anyhow...whatsdone isdone....have a good one...

Ohhh you were correcting yourself. I get it now. Sorry for MY confusion. 🙂

Carld123

@Anonymous

My meaning was I Forgot to put Community in the first sentence of my post..didnt explain myself correctly...anyhow...whatsdone isdone....have a good one...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kav2001c:

I was challenging carld123 about his correction of your post. I didn't think it was a proper correction to make. It's not all community rewards. The community is one of four rewards.

So I was saying that your post was correct as you originally wrote. Sorry for the confusion. 🙂

@Anonymous

???

Yeah & I clearly wrote "3 of the 4"

There was never any doubt there were 4 categories (unless someone misread the original posts)

@Anonymous wrote:I would say the correction wasn't actually correct in that the addition of the word community isn't correct. There are 4 categories of rewards. This here forum community is one of them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kav2001c wrote:

@Carld123

3 of the 4 community reward categories require 0 effort at all

Doesn't really change the rest of the paragraph....

I think many new posters are being seriously misled with message board rewards though since the top tiers are basically star chamber decisions

@Carld123 wrote:

@kav2001c

Forgot to put "community" in the first sentence...anyways you explained it perfect..good day

I would say the correction wasn't actually correct in that the addition of the word community isn't correct. There are 4 categories of rewards. This here forum community is one of them.

@Carld123

3 of the 4 community reward categories require 0 effort at all

Doesn't really change the rest of the paragraph....

I think many new posters are being seriously misled with message board rewards though since the top tiers are basically star chamber decisions

@Carld123 wrote:

@kav2001c

Forgot to put "community" in the first sentence...anyways you explained it perfect..good day

Carld123

@kav2001c

@Carld123

3 of the 4 reward categories require 0 effort at all

1-Refer a few people

2-Stay with service for more than a year

3-Register a credit card for autopay

The 4th category pays the least and should be at best an extra

@Carld123 wrote:

@danlee

Your right about needing to spend major online time for rewards..but as far as price match..I get unlimited call/text 8gb data and the speed is just fine for me for 42/ month after available rewards..and now with the 25 referral promo, a couple of those in the pot makes it sweeter..the others cant beat that...thats my 2 cents..have a good day

@Anonymous wrote:

@danlee wrote:

Yes, indeed especially when you try to refer your friend and them looking at the stoneage 3G data, pondered... And as PM phone plan is strictly phone plan with no phone offer..  Other telcom e.g. Koodo, Lucky Mobile offering e.g. 8.5G 3G for $50..  PM should offer "price match" so as to retain and bring in new customers.  Just my 2 cents thoughts.

One thing PM stands out is their community rewards program that allows user to earn credits up to $20.  This is good for one who have lots of free time online and able to put that in good use and get rewarded. 🙂 

PM IS competing with those numbers. They have a plan with 8.5 when you set up autopay for $50.

The Rewards are what keeps me here. No one else offers them like here. One or two bits but not the four they have here.

The $20 is really only reserved for the Oracles. Only a select few get invited and get that reward. So for the rest of us, the best we can do is $15.

You are hitting the ball over the fence these days.  You broke the 1000 bravo count!  It's a difficult feat.  

Carld123

@danlee

Your right about needing to spend major online time for rewards..but as far as price match..I get unlimited call/text 8gb data and the speed is just fine for me for 42/ month after available rewards..and now with the 25 referral promo, a couple of those in the pot makes it sweeter..the others cant beat that...thats my 2 cents..have a good day

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@danlee, this is Canada where cellular competition is sparse to non existent.  Against this backdrop, we end up with a distorted market place with marketing strategies that boggles conventional thinking.  These throttled LTE plans give the customer an impression that speed is expensive.  This would only make sense if they were able to leverage that into greater sales of full speed LTE plans.  Judging from the discussions in this forum, the uptake for the overpriced LTE plans is probable flatlined.  The net effect is the implementation of something that artificially makes a product look inferior work questionable positive outcome.  That's my view sitting on the customer side of the poker table.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danlee wrote:

Yes, indeed especially when you try to refer your friend and them looking at the stoneage 3G data, pondered... And as PM phone plan is strictly phone plan with no phone offer..  Other telcom e.g. Koodo, Lucky Mobile offering e.g. 8.5G 3G for $50..  PM should offer "price match" so as to retain and bring in new customers.  Just my 2 cents thoughts.

One thing PM stands out is their community rewards program that allows user to earn credits up to $20.  This is good for one who have lots of free time online and able to put that in good use and get rewarded. 🙂 

PM IS competing with those numbers. They have a plan with 8.5 when you set up autopay for $50.

The Rewards are what keeps me here. No one else offers them like here. One or two bits but not the four they have here.

The $20 is really only reserved for the Oracles. Only a select few get invited and get that reward. So for the rest of us, the best we can do is $15.

danlee

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danlee wrote:

I think PM can do better on their Black Friday Sale.. I got that exact same promo offer text sometime in Aug before.  It was not something totally new and attractive in my opinion.  

I feel PM should work on offering better phone plans for LTE 4G (increase data plan offer instead of 2GB).  

It is the millenium already and PM still using 3G!! C'mon you certainly can do better.

The so-called 3G service here is actually LTE throttled down to 3mbps speed. Most people find it entirely adequate for most browsing. Streaming an HD video...

They should call it LTE Lite or something as indeed calling it 3G gives it that connotation.

Need Help? Let's chat.