cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM: Are you going to activate my line or should I request charge back in credit card? FRUSTRATED!!!!

modi787
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear Public Mobile

It's been 5 days and my line and self serve is still not active despite requesting assistance on community, pm ing mods, and emails. So are you going to activate line or should I request charge back from credit card???

At this point it's ridiculous. I am frustrated and missing important calls.

8 REPLIES 8

@modi787, I certainly feel your pain.  I'm frustrated because I know the service is normally great, but the promo was such a big hit, that the influx of so many new subscribers has inflated the number of issues requiring help, to the point that the regular, very efficient, support team is just swampped.

Telus needs to get involved, and dedicate more support resources to their Public Mobile team to deal with this successful, yet tainted promo, and make the customers happy.

modi787
@stonechucker I have read other posts and tried all the ways to possibly fix the issue with no luck. Only then I pm moderators, opened this post and sent an email as well in the get help section. Again no luck as no one has even contacted me back.

What frustrates me most is that public mobile has charged me for full 90 days and now I'm on 12th day with no service. That's almost half a month with no service. I'm not sure what they charged me for.

Before signing up for public mobile I knew there may be delays if there are connection issues due to online only help. But I expected the matter will be resolved in 3 to 5 days. Not 12 days without even acknowledgement of issue from public mobile. I think this is absurd.

Thanks though for tagging mod.

If a mod can resolve the issue it'll be really nice of you @Mary_M

Denwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Same boat no one has help me either

rubberduck

I am experiencing the exact same thing. I have been waiting for 10+ days.

It has been a few days since I messaged a mod here, and 8 days since I sent a message through the Public Mobile contact us form. (I got an email saying my request was received and that I would get a response in 48 hours. I have not received any help.) 

It is ridiculous and very inconvenient.

@Saray_O, our new subscriber @modi787 has been waiting 10 days since activating a new number, but can't get into self service, nor has service.

Can you assist?  THANKS!

@modi787, I don't know if you've read any other threads in the forum, but things are out of sorts around here due to many hiccups that Public Mobile didn't expect, some of which many subscribers have experienced before the promo, and many of which have been new user created.

please note, I'm not saying you've created a problem for your activation, I'm just a subscriber who is happy with my service, and trying to assist and reassure new subscribers that things are worth the frustration.

i haven't looked at any of your other posts, as currently, I'm looking to assist in mainly shorter threads that don't take hours to folllow.

ive read in other threads that however the moderators receive the PMs, they are not registered as read sometimes, as the community has been instructed to PM only one Mod, and those messages go into a queue for all.  Maybe this has happened to your messages, thus no response, hindered by the backlog.

Can you give us, the community, an update of what your issues are, so that we may attempt to assist you here with our knowledge, and maybe get you closer to a resolution?

for example, removing your sim, and reinserting it.  Powering off and restarting your phone?  Is your device unlocked, or locked to the Telus or Koodo brand names?  Is your device compatible to the network?

please let us attempt to assist you.  I hope you'll continue to be a subscriber, and a member of our community here.

modi787
10 days and no service. CAN SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!

modi787

Bump anyone? this is such a joke. regular mail is faster.

Need Help? Let's chat.