cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE RESET AND SEND ME MY PASSWORD! I have been locked out for over a year! insane...

twl881
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am extremely frustrated and I need an admin here on Public Mobile to reset my account.

I have tried numerous times to do a  password reset but to no avail, a password was not sent to my email. I gave up trying and now and its over a year.  Another problem occured because my credit card expired while i was on holidays. I return to find out that you have cancelled my phone services. I tried to pay by calling *611 and when i select a creidt card option to pay my owing balance you guys refuse! 

I have been extremely disappointed with the low quality service I have been getting so far with Public Mobile..

14 REPLIES 14

twl881

thanks for letting me know about the credit card issue.  The thing with me is I can't even access my own account! Its been locked and I am still waiting for a moderator to give me access back. 

This is ridiculous how the auto password reset is not even working.. because i had the same problem over a year ago and i gave up trying. 

Its been 10 hours now.. still no response from any moderator. 

adghi

Hi,

I had the same problem w/ the credit card ... Please, be sure that all fields that you fill in will be filed in EXACTLY than in your credit card account ( my problem was the address). So, I advise you to have both windows ( account and Public Mobile) opened at the same time in order to do not miss something. You deal with a computer! Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@twl881 wrote:

why is that its the users that are doing all the work with answering our questions? THey don't even get paid for doing it just volunteering to help users like me.

The volunteers here are being indirectly paid by way of being rewarded for participating. Depending on the quantity and quality of participation one can be rewarded 1, 2, 5, 10, 15 $. It's definitely a pittance. It ain't a livin'. But it does lower ones cell phone costs a little.

There's the intangible reward of helping someone and they reply with their successes too.

twl881

@stonechucker

yes i see your point. But why is that its the users that are doing all the work with answering our questions? THey don't even get paid for doing it just volunteering to help users like me. 

I already sent messages to moderator yesterday and till now I have not heard any response back. I hope you see my frustration because i'm waiting on the other end for them and while I wait I still cant resolve my phone and payment issues. They need to hire more staff in Public Mobile to assist and not have like 5 people working for public mobile and helping thousands of users.

@twl881, the issue is, members can respond to help where we can, the Moderators are busy dealing with high volumes of issues, that haven't subsided in what is now months.

Telus NEEDS to address this issue.  Whether it be more staff, overtime, fewer promos, etc...  It's not the Moderators causing the delay, it's the lack of support from TELUS.

twl881

i feel like the users on this community are more responsive and do a better job with replying back to any Public Mobile customers than the moderators themselves. I messaged them yesterday and still have not heard back them. If they work with EST time.. its afternoon now. 

twl881

@Dunkman 

thank you! 

twl881

calm down? i like to see you get into my shoes and have people ignore you on public mobile while you try to get your account reset because public mobile will not accept the password when you try to login.

And then have your phone services get suspended for days so that you are out of a phone to call anyone.. no data.. no ways of communication. You try to add a credit card by dialing *611 and public mobile refuses to take your credit card

If you can go through all of this and still have  giant smile on your face then i give props to you man.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oh my! Waiting a year to get help. Never had that before.

@twl881How long have you been out of service? If it was over 90 days you cannot access your account anymore as it was deactivated. And probably that's why you cannot log in?

@twl881

As stated above, you will need to contact moderator via private messaging, but expect 2-3 days wait.  

If you need your service immediately, you could buy a payment voucher either via vendors (ie. gas stations, Shoppers, Walmart, Canadian Tire, etc) or via online (recharge.com) and pay via 611 via vouchers.  Pay first 611 with vouchers and wait 2-3 days for moderator help to fix your credit card/account login issue.  

Why do you wait over a year to seek out support?  This would be a whole lot less frustrating if you calm down.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@twl881, the password reset feature is broken at the moment.  You need to seek moderator team assistance to reset the password.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.  Please do not post personal information in the public forum.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Posting here will not end your problem..you need to message a moderator...frustrating ? Yes..but thats the way it is here...lots of helpfull people here..they will steer yo in the direction you need to go..with links etc..to make things a little easier..hope you get things fixed...good day

twl881

I need you guys to rest my * password and EMAIL to me this time instead of getting a message from your website saying that a password will be emailed to me shortly

I also need to change my credit card information which i am unable to do on my phone after dialing *611.

Need Help? Let's chat.