cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIN - setup question

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Sorry, more newbie question

I was told my PIN wasn't setup when I called for my Porting issue.  The lady tried to set it back up for me but said she couldn't and I have to set it back myself at My Account

I checked everywhere in My Account but unable to find.  anyone can help?

thanks again

5 REPLIES 5

@Anonymous wrote:

@hTideGnow 

You were mis-informed by the Telus porting agent. Does a mothership self-serve system have a way to change the PIN? Dunno. Regardless...not here. You need the mods.

It's possible, but I've been told before that the porting team can't get into Public Mobile accounts. I'm also confused because the Public Mobile PIN shouldn't be used on the number porting form. It's the old carrier's information that matters. Perhaps, the porting team can see your Public Mobile PIN and are now using that to verify that the account belongs to the caller?

@Anonymous wrote:

@hTideGnow 

You were mis-informed by the Telus porting agent. Does a mothership self-serve system have a way to change the PIN? Dunno. Regardless...not here. You need the mods.

LOL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow 

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hTideGnow  That makes no sense to me. Suggest you contact our moderators. 

To obtain a ticket, click on https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

Sorry, more newbie question

I was told my PIN wasn't setup when I called for my Porting issue.  The lady tried to set it back up for me but said she couldn't and I have to set it back myself at My Account

I checked everywhere in My Account but unable to find.  anyone can help?

thanks again

Contact Moderators for your pin.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.