cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PICTURE MESSAGES NOT BEING DOWNLOADED VIA TEXT MESSAGES

AKOTTAWA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Pictures are not being downloaded via text message.  

-I get a text message showing there is an attachment, shows message size and expiry date and shows it's from "telus" network.  It will not download automatically or not download once i click the download button. I have tried to download the attachment via the cellular network as well as wifi.

-I have checked that my APN is setup properly http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-setup-data-and-APN-on-my-Andr... .

-I am testing whether pictures will send or not, VIA cell and while connected to wifi,  It appears that it is not working.

-I have cell data turned on.   no problems with network or cell data or phone calling/regular text messages.

-Acer liquid zest T06

-android version 6.0

I have looked at a few posts but haven't found an answer yet so I thought I would try here.

5 REPLIES 5

DanoS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, I had to do a combination of adding the public mobile APN info to my phone and then change the APN type as you mentioned and as soon as I turned off wifi for a second, it started to work!  Now wifi is back on and it is working!

amber_fradin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yay this fixed my problem as well! Thank you! 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You're welcome.  Happy to be of help.  

AKOTTAWA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This seems to have fixed the issue!

Thank you kindly.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hello @AKOTTAWA!

Always test MMS whle on mobile data.  MMS doesn't work while connected to Wifi. 

In the APN settings, make one chage.. scroll to "APN type" and enter "default,mms,supl"

Save changes and restart your phone.  Then test again.. hopefully the problem will be resolved.  Please note there are no spaces after comma.  

If this doesn't work, try using a different SMS app from the play store.  Sometimes the stock android app is buggy.  

Need Help? Let's chat.