cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHONE NUMBER SYSTEM GAVE ME IS IN USE ALREADY. CANT CHANGE IT IN SELFSERVE

PATBRIEN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

MY ACCOUNT (account number) I JUST ACTIVATED. THE NUMBER I CHOOSED IS IN USE. I CANT CHANGE IT IN SELF SERVE. PLEASE HELP ME.

edited by computergeek541 to remove account number from plain view

11 REPLIES 11

@PATBRIEN wrote:

HOW SOON THEY NORMALLY REPLY?

This depends on how busy they are.  It could only take a few minutes but they ask customers to wait up to 2 days.  They will reply as soon as they can.

@PATBRIEN wrote:

It depends on their workload.  Response time can a within a couple of hours, but could be a couple of days.

@PATBRIEN wrote:

Depends on volume can take up to 48 hours if they a very busy.

PATBRIEN

@PATBRIEN wrote:

JUST ACTIVATED A NEW LINE. PICKED A RANDOM NUMBER FROM THE POOL. ACTIVATION WENT WELL. AFTER I PUT THE SIM IN. IT SHOWS NO SERVICE. I CALLED THE NEW NUMBER. SOME STRANGER PICKED UP. I CANT CHANGE MY NUBMER IN SELF SERVE. IT SHOWS ERROR.

Normally, you have the option to change your number once every 30 days.  If for whatever reason you cannot exercise the option to change the number, then you will need to contact the moderator team for a solution. 

@PATBRIEN wrote:

JUST ACTIVATED A NEW LINE. PICKED A RANDOM NUMBER FROM THE POOL. ACTIVATION WENT WELL. AFTER I PUT THE SIM IN. IT SHOWS NO SERVICE. I CALLED THE NEW NUMBER. SOME STRANGER PICKED UP. I CANT CHANGE MY NUBMER IN SELF SERVE. IT SHOWS ERROR.

@PATBRIEN  Only the moderators can change the number so you need to contact them and be patient. They will receive your message and respond and fix your problem.

@PATBRIEN wrote:

I have merged your messages from an a message thread that was about a topic unrelated to your issue and your other thread into one so that you can more easily find the answers that you need.  If the change phone number feature is not working, you will need to contact Moderator_Team.  Instructions were provided earlier on how to do that by @geopublic.

PATBRIEN

PATBRIEN

I GOT A NEW NUMBER. SYSTEM SHOWED ME FEW OPITIONS. SO I JUST PICKED A RANDOM ONE.

Arman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Not all the numbers are available for selection. Are you porting your existing number or trying to get a new number?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@PATBRIEN wrote:

MY ACCOUNT 100000xxxxxxxxx I JUST ACTIVATED. THE NUMBER I CHOOSED IS IN USE. I CANT CHANGE IT IN SELF SERVE. PLEASE HELP ME.

@PATBRIEN  Please remove you account info from you post. This is a public forum so your privacy may be at risk.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Need Help? Let's chat.