cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PASSWORD CHANGE

Speedy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone please tell me why I keep getting phone calls telling me that I have to change my password?  I have no idea what this person is talking about and what password has to be changed and why?  It would be nice if this robot could be more explanatory, I am not a mind reader and am really at a loss.  If anyone can help me on this subject it would be very much appreciated.  These calls are driving me nuts not that I'm not nuts already.  Thank you  and stay healthy.

Speedy

6 REPLIES 6

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Could that be the recording telling you to setup voicemail...?

Follow this article, to setup voicemail, change vm password and settings, etc.

Speedy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR SUGGESTIONS UNFORTUNATELY I CAN'T BLOCK OR IGNORE BECAUSE THE PHONE NEVER RINGS, THEY ONLY LEAVE A MESSAGE AND THERE ISN'T ANY NUMBER FOR THEM, HOW THEY ARE ABLE TO DO THIS, I HAVE NO IDEA, but my main problem right now is that i don't know how to empty my mail box.  It is full of messages that I can't access because of this one message blocking me to my mailbox.  If you have any opinion about my character, you know what I would love to do to this bi---, I guarantee she would never do it again.  I am getting a lot of complaints because people are complaining because  I am not returning calls but how can I when I am not getting my messages because of this situation.  Any and all feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks again and stay safe.

Speedy

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Speedy wrote:

Can someone please tell me why I keep getting phone calls telling me that I have to change my password?  I have no idea what this person is talking about and what password has to be changed and why?  It would be nice if this robot could be more explanatory, I am not a mind reader and am really at a loss.  If anyone can help me on this subject it would be very much appreciated.  These calls are driving me nuts not that I'm not nuts already.  Thank you  and stay healthy.

Speedy

Note: Public Mobile will never call you to change your password.

@Speedy  That sounds like somebody is trying to get into your account. Ignore/block  that caller and protect all your online passwords (email, banking, credit cards by changing them immediately).

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Speedy 

That's not Public. If they need you to change password, login would get disabled and they would make you open a ticket to get back in.

@Speedy 

If it's not spam its definitely a scam..... but making a note of the phone number might be helpful in identifying its source. Otherwise just block it.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Speedy public mobile doesn't usually call customers. it's most likely spam.. what is the number that's calling?

Need Help? Let's chat.