cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharge

Marcel678
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a (create your own) plan for $50.00  a month.  My last two statement mention $50.00 but my credit card was charged &55.20 .   Does anyone know why and who could fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

@Marcel678 wrote:

Every time I received a bill the tax is always described in the statement.  On my public mobile statement their is no mention of any tax.

I find you response rude and I don't need this type of attitude.

@Marcel678 wrote:

Every time I received a bill the tax is always described in the statement.  On my public mobile statement their is no mention of any tax.

When you read the "small print" it does state plus applicable taxes. Since taxes vary from province to province the only guarantee is the 5% gst  will be applied. Feel lucky that you don't live in a province with hst which is much higher than your combined taxes of 10%. Since you do not receive a bill from pm because it's prepaid it's up to you to be aware of any terms and conditions that come with your purchase. Like no refunds. I suggest you read pm's terms and conditions you might be surprised what you have signed up for...and while you are at it read them for the community as well. That way you won't be outraged if you are called out for breaking one of them. Welcome to public mobile .

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marcel678 wrote:

There is no bill or statement here. All numbers shown are before tax. Payments via payment card or voucher will be taxed at source based on the province of your area code.

Marcel678
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If I live to be 100, I'll never understand how people don't figure this out right away on their own.  It's not like any other (Canadian) wireless provider advertises or lists their plan prices including taxes.  There is always tax on top.  I guess maybe if you just moved from Europe where VAT or similar is built into the price of most/everything, then maybe this could be confusing.  But if you've been in Canada for more than a month, taxes on top should never be a surprise.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

The government is the only one who can “fix it” (stop charging tax) but I don’t think that is on the top of their “To Do List”.

Terry

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Marcel678$50 doesn't include tax.

Need Help? Let's chat.