cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing service

Nathan123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone 

I just changed to the $15 plan and now have no outgoing service.  Incoming calls and messages are working but nothing outgoing. Anyone have any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Nathan123 wrote:

Hi everyone 

I just changed to the $15 plan and now have no outgoing service.  Incoming calls and messages are working but nothing outgoing. Anyone have any ideas?

It seems like you should probably clarify your situation..... a lot of responses in this thread are assuming a few different scenarios. Personally, the way you wrote the post quoted above, it sounds to me like you already had a PM plan, and you switched it to the $15 plan, but other folks are thinking a few other possibilities. 🤔 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Nathan123 wrote:

Hi everyone 

Also, you have 100 outgoing minutes. Checking your voice mail with your phone will use your minutes up. Use another phone to check. As well, outgoing calls are rounded up to the nearest minute.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Nathan123  is this a new activation? If it is, and you have minutes in your account,  your SIM may not have provisioned correctly. Try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen. The mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification in your email INBOX.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your self serve account and look under data and add-ons if no minutes appear then you have used up your minutes.  You can purchase an add-on for $5 for 500 minutes.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Nathan123 wrote:

Hi everyone 

Try rebooting your phone.  Another thing to try is to top up your account with $1 and restart the phone.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Nathan123,

Once you change your plan, Try to restart your phone for the changes to be processed. 

You can try putting your phone on Airplane mode for a few mins and see if that fixes it.

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.