cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing name and number display

Sirafhim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched to PM and everything is working fine, however when i make a phone call it is not my name that shows up on others phones.. its someone elses name. What is up with this? It makes me very leery of registering for autopay if someone else name is attached to my number somehow. How to get it fixed?? Ive given it some time AND i've rebooted the phone multiple times and it still shows up someone elses name. 

4 REPLIES 4

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Sirafhim Name attached to phone number that is listed with a carrier (vs in contact information store in someone's contacts app or phone) has nothing to do with your phone. Rebooting the phone won't do anything. The previous carrier for the phone number (which you picked from the released pool), probably has the previous owners name still attached to the number in their system.

I know Rogers has the option on modifying the name displayed a callerID, but I don't think it is an option here on Public Mobile.. just note it is low cost for a reason. You can try to contact the moderators but if that is not an option, there is not much you can do. You can hope that the previous carrier will erase the name / number combo (eventually).

Probably an outdated lookup in a name display database, and needs to be addressed.

My cell only shows my number when it rings, so if someone has me in their contact list, it will display whatever they have listed for me.

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you port your number or did you get it from PM? Also, check that in your account all your information is correct. If the problem persists you can always contact a Mod.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sirafhim wrote:

I just switched to PM and everything is working fine, however when i make a phone call it is not my name that shows up on others phones.. its someone elses name. What is up with this? It makes me very leery of registering for autopay if someone else name is attached to my number somehow. How to get it fixed?? Ive given it some time AND i've rebooted the phone multiple times and it still shows up someone elses name. 

When activating did you select a new number or ported in your old number?

Need Help? Let's chat.