cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing calls to shown in my usage history which I have never dialed

Cloudy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In my usage history, there are 2 outgoing calls to the same number of 4165804001 and the durations shows 2 and 4 seconds. However I have never dialed any numbers to anyone since I activated my Public Mobile account 2 days ago. Pls help me and tell me what's the matter and how to avoid such calls happen again?

Many thanks!

25 REPLIES 25

cory_c
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks. This resolves my question.

@cory_c  a écrit :

I notice 416-580-4001 calls about three times, with minutes attached, for this month alone (March 2019). I don't understand how message are redirected to Voicemail when I've disabled it. I have even double checked before posting this comment.

Did you check if you had messages even if you have disabled the voicemail?? You never called your voicemail from your phone?..Or can it be some setup from your phone ?? Iphone??? 

@cory_c wrote:

I notice 416-580-4001 calls about three times, with minutes attached, for this month alone (March 2019). I don't understand how message are redirected to Voicemail when I've disabled it. I have even double checked before posting this comment.

Disabled, how? 

Either way, when a call gets sent to voicemail, it will show up in your usage history.  If people know not to leave you messages or are prevent from doing so, and voicemail notifications are turned off, I would just ignore it.

Why would you want to disable voicemail?  If it's someone you know, just tell them that you don't usually check it and they won't leave them for you any more.  If it's a spam call, I would just try your best to ignore them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cory_c wrote:

The minutes counter for the $10 plan (and probably the $15 plan) is not incremented for voicemail. It will if YOU access your voicemail from your phone though.

How did you disable it?

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cory_c wrote:

That is the PM voicemail number.😊

cory_c
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GreatCanadian yes, and also in the announcement posting:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Plan-updates-new-10-limited-talk-and-te...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ed810 wrote:

I was under impression that the 10/50/50 plan included unlimited incoming texts and calls? That just 50 outgoing texts and calls were charged?

Nope. Shows quite clearly in the plan summary:

PMScreenshot.png

Ed810

I was under impression that the 10/50/50 plan included unlimited incoming texts and calls? That just 50 outgoing texts and calls were charged?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ed810 wrote:

But incoming calls are free. Why is it appearing as a timed "outgoing"call?

@Ed810 NO.  Incoming texts are free.  Incoming calls are not, they count against your 50 minute plan bucket*.  Also, calls that forward to any number including your voicemail number come out of your 50 minute bucket as well.

* I'm assuming you're on the $10/50/50 plan

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Is it a text, or a call?  Your subject said text ... I responded as such.  Is it a call?  You said text.

Ed810

But incoming calls are free. Why is it appearing as a timed "outgoing"call?

@Ed810, I believe this is an iPhone calling home to allow iMessage and FaceTime setup.

Jasok

I don't think these minutes count toward your usage. (I just counted the minutes I used since the start of my service, and the phantom calls to 6475804001 don't seem to be included in the "amount used")

Ed810

Now I am noticing 9 outgoing texts that I did not make. All 9  outgoing texts are to destination # 474663 ?? Is anyone else having this issue?

Ed810

Let's get to the bottom of this! We as Public Mobile users need a difinitive explaination as to what is occuring on our accounts. Sure, it may only be unaccountable " outgoing secends" on our accounts now.....but....why are they there? Will unaccountable minuites be next?

Let's get the answer from Public Mobile that satisfies all of us!

Chemist63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same thing:  OUTGOING calls to that  Telus voicemai number .. - 4001.   They ARE automatic - nobody dials them. I actually did not touch the phone at all for 5 days and EVERY day I had about SIX  calls from my phone to that number. Each call is about 5 seconds, give or take.    I wonder if this all ads up as a one-minute call to my usage.....   I read on the web some Koodo customers (and they also run Telus network)  complained about it and Koodo returned the minutes (plus some bonus minutes for inconvenience...) 

Ed810

That does not add up. Incoming calls are " free" and why would an incoming call be registered as an "out calling " call? Has happen to me as well and I would like 

The voicemail for Public Mobile varies depending on your area code.... but it always ends in 4001 or 4002. (Load sharing most likely).

Im in a 226 areacode, but dia a 519 area code phone number.  Weird.

but,519 and 226 share the same area of Ontario.

@Cloudy wrote:

Thank you for your information. I have questions to ask you for advice:

1. Have you solved the problem of the fictitious outgoing calls to 7885804001? How to prevent such things? 

2. To block calls. In this way whether can we block both incoming calls from and outgoing calls to the "blocked nimbers" or merely incoming calls?

Thanks a lot

@Cloudy

I know it can be confusing the way this phone number is listed in your call history, but there isn't anything to fix.  As mentioned earlier, these 580-4001  instances in your call history mean nothing more than that someone made and incoming call to you and were sent to your voicemail box.

@mpcdesign wrote:

@computergeek541647-580-4001 is a Cell Number phone number operated by TELUS Mobility and is located in the city of Toronto 

Thanks.  That numberr isn't a cell number but actually the vociemail depsoit number, as mentioned earlier.   I went as far as to correct the OP when he/she said 416-580-4001.

Cloudy

Thank you for your information. I have questions to ask you for advice:

1. Have you solved the problem of the fictitious outgoing calls to 7885804001? How to prevent such things? 

2. To block calls. In this way whether can we block both incoming calls from and outgoing calls to the "blocked nimbers" or merely incoming calls?

Thanks a lot

@computergeek541647-580-4001 is a Cell Number phone number operated by TELUS Mobility and is located in the city of Toronto 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Cloudy, that's so weird. I thought I checked out my account and yesterday, I had the same thing but an outgoing call to 778-580-4001 (Telus / Koodo) at 129pm. And I know where I was, napping with my little baby on the bed! My calls lasted 7 and 8 seconds respectively. 

@Cloudy, your number, 416-580-4001 is a Cell Number phone number operated by Bell Mobility and is located in the city of Toronto.

To Block Calls:

A modern smartphone has more computing power than the first mission to the Moon. Why not harness it to prevent unwanted callers from getting through to you?

• The procedure to block numbers on Android phones varies, from choosing a bunch of numbers you want blocked and selecting “Block number” to “Reject Calls”. The owner’s manual for your specific Android phone will provide you with more detail about what to do.
  • To block phone numbers on any iPhone, under “Recents”, tap the lower-case “i” in a circle (which means “information”) next to the phone number or contact that you want to block. Scroll to the bottom of your screen, then tap “Block this Caller”.

@Cloudy wrote:

In my usage history, there are 2 outgoing calls to the same number of 4165804001 and the durations shows 2 and 4 seconds. However I have never dialed any numbers to anyone since I activated my Public Mobile account 2 days ago. Pls help me and tell me what's the matter and how to avoid such calls happen again?

Many thanks!

This just means that someone phoned you and that it went to voicemail (the number should actually be 6475804001).  The 2 miutes and 4 seconds would correspond to the length of the person's call/the length of the message.

Need Help? Let's chat.