cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of service area or on Airplane mode

inovisionary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I do not get missed call or messages numbers when in out of cell phone service remote areas or on airplane mode. Please help. 

6 REPLIES 6

@Nezgar 

Thanks for that.....now if you just copy and paste your post for @Langlois in Courtenay BC for his calling issues at home we're all set. Go Team!

@darlicious wrote:

@inovisionary 

I believe pm only saves voicemail messages for 10 days and texts 10 days or possibly less...

I believe @Nezgar can tell you how to set up your unconditional/ conditional call forwards to send your calls/voicemail to an email service. There maybe something similar for texts but this isn't my area of expertise.

But he will drop in and check his notifications at some point today and reply to your post.

Heya team!

I wrote about conditional call forwarding way back here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Fun-with-Conditional-Call-forwardi...

In brief, there are three types of "conditional" call forwarding - all are set to Public Mobile voicemail by default, but can be changed: When busy (or blocked, declined), when offline (ie airplane mode), and when no answer.

You can use these to utilize voicemail from another provider - for example, if you sign up for a free account from YouMail, fongo mobile, TextNow, your unanswered and missed calls will be sent to your number at these systems - and the first two will send you an email with a sound file attachment of the voicemail. YouMail will even try to transcribe it to text as well which works very well, and most of the time you don't even have to listen to the message! If you are travelling outside of Canada without a roaming plan, this will allow you to continue to receive voicemails, and if on Wifi, potentially continue to receive calls forwarded to these services as well.

Then there is "unconditional" call forwarding that always immediately forwards, regardless of the state of the phone. I use this sometimes when I'm at work, or at home and would like to have my incoming calls go to a "higher quality" connection...

So.. here's the commands you can dial:

Query conditional no answer forward: *#61#

Set conditional no answer forward: *61*xxxyyyzzzz#

Reset conditional no answer forward back to Public Mobile Default: ##61#

Query conditional unreachable forward: *#62#

Set conditional unreachable forward: *62*xxxyyyzzzz#

Reset conditional unreachable forward back to Public Mobile Default: ##67#

Query conditional busy/decline forward: *#67#

Set conditional busy/decline forward: *67*xxxyyyzzzz#

Reset conditional busy/decline forward back to Public Mobile Default: ##67#

(Set or reset all three of the above at the same time using 004 instead of 61/62/67)

And lastly:

Query unconditional forward: *#21#

Set unconditional forward: *21*xxxyyyzzzz#

Reset unconditional forward back to inactive: ##21#

@BKNS27 

There are no extra charges at pm so unless you purchase a roaming add on (only available for the US) so the OP's pockets are safe as long as they are a pm customer.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Missed call number is a phone level feature,  only have that when you were connected to the network but didn't pick up.  

When you are out of area or Airplane mode, call should have routed to Voice-mail and you will get a VM alert when you are online again.

For message,  I think the system will re-try to send to you for so many hours.  It is carrier dependent, not sure how many hours for PM.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@inovisionary 

When you are out of service area when there are no (your carrier) cell towers where you are, you won’t be able to get calls but your calls will go to your voicemail as noted by @darlicious

Airplane mode will restrict your phone frequency to prevent interference to airplane equipment while flying.

You can put your phone in Roaming to connect to other nearby carrier cell towers to get calls and text but it will hit your pocket books.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@inovisionary 

I believe pm only saves voicemail messages for 10 days and texts 10 days or possibly less...

I believe @Nezgar can tell you how to set up your unconditional/ conditional call forwards to send your calls/voicemail to an email service. There maybe something similar for texts but this isn't my area of expertise.

But he will drop in and check his notifications at some point today and reply to your post.

Need Help? Let's chat.