cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of province texts not being received

Neumann347
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just activated my account and had my number ported over from Vonage. The port was fast and I can phone everyone - local numbers, out of province numbers, and US numbers. However, when I text numbers that are out of province and in the US, they don't receive the texts and I don't receive theirs. I can text numbers that are in province, with no problem. My province is BC. When I look at the activity on my plan, I can see that the text messages to out of province and country are listed, however, they were not received. My plan does include unlimited international text. 

Any suggestions as to what I need to do to be able to text people out of province and country?

4 REPLIES 4

There are no settings on a phone that can cause something like this.  In addition, using a 1 in front of the number or not will not make any difference.  The 1 or +1 has no effect on text messaging.  For an account issue, only a moderator can fix it for you.

@Neumann347 wrote:

Another thing I just discovered: out of country can't call me - my contact in the US tried to call but he got an error "This Phone number is not setup to receive calls". However, I can call them. 

This sounds like it has nothing to do with you or your phone hardware, I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message. Remember to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details.

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT) 

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Neumann347
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are you adding a 1 to the number?

It is to a contact and the contact has a 1 in the number. However, when I copy and pasted the contact number into the default messenger app for android it drops the 1. 

Have you tried a different SMS app?

Yes. I tried Messaging SMS+MMS from GoodSoft Inc. and it still doesn't work. 

What happens when you send MMS to that number?

Same problem - they don't receive it. 

Have you tried clearing your SMS data/cache?

I don't see where the option for that is, but I have restarted the phone multiple times. 

Another thing I just discovered: out of country can't call me - my contact in the US tried to call but he got an error "This Phone number is not setup to receive calls". However, I can call them. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Neumann347 wrote:

Hi,

I just activated my account and had my number ported over from Vonage. The port was fast and I can phone everyone - local numbers, out of province numbers, and US numbers. However, when I text numbers that are out of province and in the US, they don't receive the texts and I don't receive theirs. I can text numbers that are in province, with no problem. My province is BC. When I look at the activity on my plan, I can see that the text messages to out of province and country are listed, however, they were not received. My plan does include unlimited international text. 

Any suggestions as to what I need to do to be able to text people out of province and country?

Are you adding a 1 to the number?

Have you tried a different SMS app?

What happens when you send MMS to that number?

Have you tried clearing your SMS data/cache?

Need Help? Let's chat.