cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out going Caller id

amrinder527
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am new in Public Mobile, I am facing an issue that when I call anyone who doesn't have my contact no. saved in his phone book. My name display wrong. How can I fix my name? Please help me.

7 REPLIES 7

pappy123

In general, if a number is dead, meaning it isn't currently active with any provider at all.  They cannot port your number.  Company only can port an active number.  Your previous provider would have to reactivate your number for PM to port the number over.  Yes porting can be fustrating when it fails and it has to do with 2 different companies and in general the 2 company dont really talk to each other and it left with you that end up calling around trying to fix the issue.

amrinder527

What a solution is given by the Mod team, asking me to change the no. My no. is everywhere now. How can I change it, and what if another no. is also associated with someone too, Change the no. again, that is what.....

amrinder527

Just getting frustrated now, I think I should change my provider now if Public Mobile can't fix it.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@amrinder527 wrote:

Hi, I am new in Public Mobile, I am facing an issue that when I call anyone who doesn't have my contact no. saved in his phone book. My name display wrong. How can I fix my name? Please help me.

@amrinder527 

I found this post from COMPUTERGEEKhttps://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Name-displayed-on-other-people-s-phon...

But likely you'll need to contact the mods

pappy123

If you got a new number, you can try to google the number and see what is the name that comes up if any at all.  If it shows the name of the previous owner of the number, then in general hard to fix the outgoing call display as lots of provider pulls the name from online sources.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@amrinder527 I suggest you contact the moderators and see what they can do or find out. In your message providing your email address, phone number and your question. 

Tags (0)

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@amrinder527  Did you pick a new number? It looks like that number was registered to someone else before? I am not exactly sure if this is something that moderators can fix, But you can try sending a private message to the Moderator_Team and see what they say. If they can't, you might want to pick a new number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.