cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering a SIM card

RunningDutchman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Now that Walmart doesn't outright sell SIM cards anymore (unless you have their Kiosk set up your account etc), I thought I'd order a SIM card for my daughter-in-law on the Public Mobile website, around October 17, 2019.    She got a confirmation e-mail about a week later that the SIM card was shipped, and the e-mail had her correct shipping address.   It's now November 13, 2019 and still no SIM card arrived.     Is this lengthy shipping time typical for Public Nobile SIM cards?

7 REPLIES 7

@mrphone wrote:

Mine took three days (Vancouver). This seems unusually long.

That's very, very fast. 

Never mind about overnight/1 day shipping services, even 2 day shipping services acrosss the country is very expensive. 

The sim cards are shipping by Canada Post Xpresspost. Shipping from Mississaguga, Ontario to Vancouver, BC is supposed to take 2 business days.  That means that Public Mobile took about 1 day before sending it. That's quick by any company's standards.

mrphone

Mine took three days (Vancouver). This seems unusually long.

@geopublic wrote:

@RunningDutchman  Shipping usually takes max 4 days. You can login into the Canada Post website and enter the order number as the tracking number to see if it was in fact shipped.

Best to submit a ticket to PM with the order number. In the meantime you can order a SIM from amazon and/or ebay. Aslo other retail locations will sell you a sim like RCS. More options can be found here

PMST.png

It's not always 4 days. You're right about the usually part but weekends need to be factored.  There are many destinations that are 3 business days by Xpresspost but you have to remember about weekends, holidays, and Public handling time.  Xpresspot to remote locations is much longer at 7 business days shipping time.

@Kim1971kim wrote:

Mine came fast. It might have got lost in the mail somehow? 😕

Of course it's lost if it hasn't arrived since October 17th. That's obvious.

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Mine came fast. It might have got lost in the mail somehow? 😕

RunningDutchman

Thanks for the tip: I'll try that.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@RunningDutchman  Shipping usually takes max 4 days. You can login into the Canada Post website and enter the order number as the tracking number to see if it was in fact shipped.

Best to submit a ticket to PM with the order number. In the meantime you can order a SIM from amazon and/or ebay. Aslo other retail locations will sell you a sim like RCS. More options can be found here

PMST.png

Need Help? Let's chat.