cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering SIM for a Friend

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A friend is considering to sign up for PM and I've the following questions.

Question-1: To purchase a SIM for him, can I order a SIM from my own account for him or would he have to write his own address to get it.

Question-2: Am I correct that he cannot create a Self-serve account till he has a valid PM SIM (and the number)

4 REPLIES 4

Jpublic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there, you can order it for him because ordering a sim card doesn’t require an account so there is no link between you and the sim other than you paying for it. I would recommend taking advantage of the offer instore to get his sim for free. Look up the retail stores where you would find a public sim. Hope this was helpful 🙂

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@sa7375 wrote:

Question-1: To purchase a SIM for him, can I order a SIM from my own account for him or would he have to write his own address to get it.

You can also take him to one of the vendors on this announcement and get him a "free sim."

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-SIM-for-0-when-you-activate-in-st...

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@sa7375 wrote:

Question-2: Am I correct that he cannot create a Self-serve account till he has a valid PM SIM (and the number)

A self serve account can't be created until the sim card is activated. No account is needed to order a sim.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@sa7375 i would think it's better for him to order it or just go to a Walmart or London drugs or wow mobile and buy one  just so it doesn't associate your email with the new Sim card.

As for the self serve account you need to have and activate the Sim card to get the account! 

Right now for a few more days you can get a free Sim card with a 25$ or more plan at those locations 

Need Help? Let's chat.