cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered a SIM card online January 12th but never received it?

jayyman48
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I ordered a SIM card from the online public mobile store on January 12th, and still have not received it. The link to track my order brought me to the app store page for Arrive. I tried entering my order number / carrier but its always stuck at "waiting for tracking events..." I'm in Montreal so I did not expect the delivery time to be much more than the week or two quoted.

My order number was 187002 and I confirmed my address/mail to be correct. Is there anything I can do?

10 REPLIES 10

@Jb456 wrote:

K your tracking looks like your sim is lost somewhere with Canada Post. You should call Canada Post and get them to investigate that.

To answer your question. Yes many stores I'm in Montreal as well. I get my sims at Walmart. If you go and activate a new sim with them in store they may give it to you for free. Just let them pick a new number and when you get home if you are switching from another provider you can do the port on your own online.

Don't forget to give them a referral code so you get a $10 sign up bonus...

And as far as sim you bought get moderators to look into it while you contact Canada Post and see if they can refund you for the price you paid for it

If it were a more expensive item, I would contact Canada Post and have Public Mobile request that they trace the package. However, for something that costed them more to ship than Public Mobile's cost of the sim card, I don't beleive that anyone either at Canada Post or Public Mobile is going to look into this.

Canada Post cannot tell the receiver of a shipment anything about it that it doesn't already say on the website. Unless it's a repeated problem with shipments to this address, they're unllikely to take any action. If the envelope shows up in the Canada Post system somewhere, they'll deliver it.

As for a a refund or reshipment, only Public Mobile can help with that.

I think I see the problem..... the wheels are too small for the size of the delivery truck shown. Thus it is still on its way....s.l.o.w.l.y.

AE_Collector

K your tracking looks like your sim is lost somewhere with Canada Post. You should call Canada Post and get them to investigate that.

To answer your question. Yes many stores I'm in Montreal as well. I get my sims at Walmart. If you go and activate a new sim with them in store they may give it to you for free. Just let them pick a new number and when you get home if you are switching from another provider you can do the port on your own online.

Don't forget to give them a referral code so you get a $10 sign up bonus...

And as far as sim you bought get moderators to look into it while you contact Canada Post and see if they can refund you for the price you paid for it

jayyman48

Not sure, are there any stores in Montreal?

jayyman48

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 9.22.49 PM.pngOh, Canada Post....

@jayyman48  Out of curiosity  do you have access to a retail store to buy a SIM card? If a promo comes up while you still wait for what may be a lost in the mail SIM card. Once  you activate you can then message the moderators to ask for a credit on your account.

@jayyman48 

Here is a good link to track your SIM card order:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-to-track-your-SIM-card-order/m-p/...

As stated above, you will likely need to contact moderator to check on status. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jayyman48 wrote:

Hello,

I ordered a SIM card from the online public mobile store on January 12th, and still have not received it. The link to track my order brought me to the app store page for Arrive. I tried entering my order number / carrier but its always stuck at "waiting for tracking events..." I'm in Montreal so I did not expect the delivery time to be much more than the week or two quoted.

My order number was 187002 and I confirmed my address/mail to be correct. Is there anything I can do?

Click the ? in lower right side of screen to start moderator assistance. Type "contact human", then follow directions.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jayyman48 Contact a moderator and explain your situation . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket ).  The moderators are the customer service here.

@jayyman48 wrote:

Hello,

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Put your order number in Canada Post tracking.

You should be able to track it that way.

At same time since it's been quite awhile contact the moderators also.

Simon.JPG

Or private message at the link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.