cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@Oracle_Team tag suggestion.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Why is there no oracle tag? There are countless times I am looking at personal information that needs to be removed. Or a help post in the lounge, 6 hours after its been posted. Just as you can tag moderator_team to weigh in officially and anyone from that team can view it, there should also be an oracle_team tag for minor things that require editing / moving posts to the correct category where any online and available oracle can take care of.

@Alan_K

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Putting aside actual site policy for a moment, I guess I'm far less caring about this. People post private information in many places. For them to post here is just an extension of that.

I grant that newbs might not realize that this forum is open but mostly I say tough toodles. Therefor I don't think we need to tag Oracles. 

@RobertQc wrote:

@computergeek541I agree with that, it should be you don't have to respond to the oracle tagging, nor do you have to do what was suggested by the tagger, just a way for someone to tag an orale, or even click a post even and say "needs review" where the oracles can also see that pool, and if one of the oracles chooses to do that, they can. At the moment we can either specifically tag people or report the post and thats it.

The only close thing we have is "report inappropriate post", and that goes to mods and is looked at 24+ hours? (Not sure how it works, I am asking)

At current, we don't have access to any of the moderator portals.  As for reported posts, your guess is as good as mine, but I can tell you that we do not see those.

I already get enoug notifications and private messages.  I don't need another one coming in and having people use it when it isn't needed just like how the Moderators get tagged when they aren't required

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@computergeek541 wrote:

An Oracle tag is something to think about.

There are some good things about such a tag, but also some concerns.

A tag could be good because it gets all of our attention, and if something needs to be dealt with, it can be done a little more quickly, sometimes by the frist person to notice.

With a universal Oracle tag, things could get lost with us assuming that one of the others already took care of it.  There's also the factor that it could potentially make people believe that Oracles work for the company when we do not.

The Oracle mandate, as far as I know, has always been to participate, and when we were offered these positions, there was no mention about any requirement to edit or move messages.  In fact, we don't even get told about these features and sometimes stumble across them ourselves.  We try to help when we can, but there are going to be things that we don't always agree on editting or moving, and will sometimes just leave things as they are. We do sometimes ask each others' opinions about if a message or thread should be moved.

Members are always free to tag us individually, as with any other members, to have conversations with us or to ask questions. 

@computergeek541I agree with that, it should be you don't have to respond to the oracle tagging, nor do you have to do what was suggested by the tagger, just a way for someone to tag an orale, or even click a post even and say "needs review" where the oracles can also see that pool, and if one of the oracles chooses to do that, they can. At the moment we can either specifically tag people or report the post and thats it.

The only close thing we have is "report inappropriate post", and that goes to mods and is looked at 24+ hours? (Not sure how it works, I am asking)

An Oracle tag is something to think about.

There are some good things about such a tag, but also some concerns.

A tag could be good because it gets all of our attention, and if something needs to be dealt with, it can be done a little more quickly, sometimes by the frist person to notice.

With a universal Oracle tag, things could get lost with us assuming that one of the others already took care of it.  There's also the factor that it could potentially make people believe that Oracles work for the company when we do not.

The Oracle mandate, as far as I know, has always been to participate, and when we were offered these positions, there was no mention about any requirement to edit or move messages.  In fact, we don't even get told about these features and sometimes stumble across them ourselves.  We try to help when we can, but there are going to be things that we don't always agree on editting or moving, and will sometimes just leave things as they are. We do sometimes ask each others' opinions about if a message or thread should be moved.

Members are always free to tag us individually, as with any other members, to have conversations with us or to ask questions. 

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc, this is definitely not the most pressing need.  Seeing that we have an upcoming interface opportunity with Public Mobile, I will bring this up on your behalf. 

@RobertQc wrote:

Absolutely I agree with this, bug fixes are where its at. I am basing this under the impression that making an oracle team tag would be able to be implemented into the existing lithium platform in seconds.

@will13am Thanks for bringing this up on my behalf.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RobertQc, this is definitely not the most pressing need.  Seeing that we have an upcoming interface opportunity with Public Mobile, I will bring this up on your behalf. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Just my opinion as others may like the idea.  I could see how it could work but then it is creating more "groups" within the system.  We have 8 active Oracles now so I don't think something would go like 8 hours or anything like that without being noticed and handled.  I would rather see efforts being put into fixing issues rather than putting time into things that are already working.

@ShawnC13 Absolutely I agree with this, bug fixes are where its at. I am basing this under the impression that making an oracle team tag would be able to be implemented into the existing lithium platform in seconds.

Just my opinion as others may like the idea.  I could see how it could work but then it is creating more "groups" within the system.  We have 8 active Oracles now so I don't think something would go like 8 hours or anything like that without being noticed and handled.  I would rather see efforts being put into fixing issues rather than putting time into things that are already working.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Why is there no oracle tag? There are countless times I am looking at personal information that needs to be removed. Or a help post in the lounge, 6 hours after its been posted. Just as you can tag moderator_team to weigh in officially and anyone from that team can view it, there should also be an oracle_team tag for minor things that require editing / moving posts to the correct category where any online and available oracle can take care of.

@Alan_K

Not sure why one is needed?  You know our names and we use to tag Moderators by their name when it was a smaller group.  Just tag them by name.  Doesn't mean you will get a fast response as we are just customers like you as well and not always on.

@ShawnC13Exactly, thats the point, sometimes oracles show online but are not here, some oracles have their online status as hidden, oracles are just customers, but they are the only one that can edit out and help a n00b customer protect their identity.

No sense in tagging all the oracles I think may be online to let them know something should be looked at, just like we don't tag every single moderator at once, when we can just tag the team. If there was an oracle tag, any oracle could remove the notification once they fixed the issue.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@RobertQc wrote:

@Alan_K

Not sure why one is needed?  You know our names and we use to tag Moderators by their name when it was a smaller group.  Just tag them by name.  Doesn't mean you will get a fast response as we are just customers like you as well and not always on.

Need Help? Let's chat.