cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Responsibilities?

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello Oracles,  @computergeek541 @ShawnC13 @will13am @Luddite @mimmo @NDesai @SD08 @stonechucker 

I've recently noticed that @Luddite does a lot of community cleanup by going through posts without solutions and picking the best answer. This got me thinking and I'd really like to hear about your experience and what defines you as an Oracle.

• Are there special responsibilities that come with being an Oracle? 
  • Why do you continue to be an Oracle?
  • How many hours do you spend here?
  • Are there quotas you must meet to remain an Oracle?
  • Is being an Oracle a burden?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ed404 , this is a very judgemental post.  I will refrain from answering any of the questions directly as I am not subjecting myself to your public performance review nor will I supply data that will no do doubt lead to resentful and divisive discussions.  There's way too much of that happening in the community forum already.  We don't need more of it.  Needless to say, Public Mobile provides information on the oracle program.  That's what oracles are "hired" to do.  I think the oracle team does a pretty good job.  Of course you are entitled to your own opinion.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Ed404 wrote:

Hello Oracles,  @computergeek541 @ShawnC13 @will13am @Luddite @mimmo @NDesai @SD08 @stonechucker 

I've recently noticed that @Luddite does a lot of community cleanup by going through posts without solutions and picking the best answer. This got me thinking and I'd really like to hear about your experience and what defines you as an Oracle.

• Are there special responsibilities that come with being an Oracle? 
  • Why do you continue to be an Oracle?
  • How many hours do you spend here?
  • Are there quotas you must meet to remain an Oracle?
  • Is being an Oracle a burden?

Thanks

@Ed404, here is another thread just like this one https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Hello-Oracles-I-have-a-few-questions-for-... Each oracle is different and will only be speaking for myself.  

• As for responsibilities, there are a few things like moving threads to appropriate locations, merging duplicate threads, moving inappropriate posts or threads to an area out of public view.
  • I continue on as an Oracle as I truly beleive in the self serve business model that they have here.  I knew nothing about PM when before I the fall promo of 2016 but read a LOT on here and decided this would work for me and still try to promote the product.  There are times that I don't promote PM when there are system wide issues.
  • Personally on average I would say over a couple of hours a day.  I may not make many posts but always reading and the biggest thing lately is correcting false information as a system like this is only as good as the information provided to the people looking for help.  If the wrong information is presented others will also pass that on even if they haven't verified it.  I think some people still think everything on the Internet is true.
  • There are participation levels that have been discussed as to what PM would like to see Oracles achieve.
  • I wouldn't say it is a burden, but can be frustrating.  Just moving topics or posts and having people upset with why even though it has nothing to do with Public Mobile service issue (this community is for service support for Public Mobile).  Having issues continue for months to years and not yet fixed by PM is very frustrating as well.  It may seem  like we may tow company lines or give PM a break when issues arise but I can tell you that in the Oracle area of the Community every Oracle is always asking for improvements, updates as to current issues, when they will be resolved and are constantly keeping PM's feet to the fire.

Any other questions just ask!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

KK688
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Ed404 wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

You can start by reading "The Oracle Program and Team" untill someone responds to your questions.

Link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Oracle-Program-and-Team/ta-p/15563...

Thanks, I read that earlier today and I found their biographies fascinating. Are there any ex-Oracles?

@Ed404  Yes, there are some ex-Oracles:
srlawren (resigned)

imm1304 (resigned)
Rockdaddy22 (resigned)
Martin (R.I.P., hence Legend status)
7789849803 (resigned and left PM)

(Click the links to see when they vacated the position)

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jb456 wrote:

You can start by reading "The Oracle Program and Team" untill someone responds to your questions.

Link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Oracle-Program-and-Team/ta-p/15563...

Thanks, I read that earlier today and I found their biographies fascinating. Are there any ex-Oracles?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Need Help? Let's chat.