cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open a new account with PM over a week, Phone can not received any calls.

auca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Help! Help! Help! I opened a new account for my grandma in Walmart store a week ago. Walmart did transfer the old number from Speakout. Until now, the transfer wasn't successful and her PM number can call out and sending and receiving tex, but cannot received a phone call.  Private message to Moderate_team three times and all the information about transfer anumber sent correctly, problem has been resoved. I even asked don't transfer number anymore and just make new PM account number workable. NO solution from the Moderate_team, now they don't even anser my private message. Bill is due to come. It is so frustrated.

7 REPLIES 7

funpig
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wonder if you went into the account and did a phone number change to a brand new number whether that would fix problem.  On the other hand, with her old number in mid-porting, it could completely screw things up.  It depends upon how desparate you are.

Are you in the Lower Mainland, BC?  If so, you could still go to Metrotown or Richmond Centre to get a free sim and start over again with new number. They told me that they are still giving them away until July 31. You are about to renew plan anyways.

Good luck

Edit:  Those PM kiosk guys are pretty good.  I activated two accounts a few weeks back.  During one of the activations, one of the sims was bad and was being rejected by the website, so they just tossed it and subbed in a new one right away.

auca

It is $10 plan for my 85 years old grandma, I also purchased $8 add-on in case her daughter calls her from US.

My grandma can make a  call to me and we can speak to each other over the phone; But when I call her, I always get a voice message: " UT3, the number you reached is not in service".  All these is by using Public ( temperary) number.  Walmart store, where we open an account, tried to Tranfer old number from Speakout, the problem occured.  I spoke to Speakout agent and verified the account numbers and passcode., the agent told me the account with Speakout is in good standing. Speakout also knew that Public  tried to  tranfer, but did not go through.

It is so frustrated and consume me a lot of time. Public moderate_team called me to provide IMEI number on Wednesday. I gave them IMEI and phone serial number too . I even told them let my grandma use Public new number and stop transfering if transfering can not go through, I haven't  heared from them until now.

Self-service account has been set up. Bill will be coming, but she cannot make a call.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@auca wrote:

No spelling needed, just a click.

Which plan did you select?

Can you clarify what's working...calls in/out, texts in/out, internet/MMS.

You said texts in...this usually doesn't work as well if calls in are not working.

auca

No spelling needed, just a click.

auca

Thanks, Tried , not working.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@auca wrote:

Help! Help! Help! I opened a new account for my grandma in Walmart store a week ago. Walmart did transfer the old number from Speakout. Until now, the transfer wasn't successful and her PM number can call out and sending and receiving tex, but cannot received a phone call.  Private message to Moderate_team three times and all the information about transfer anumber sent correctly, problem has been resoved. I even asked don't transfer number anymore and just make new PM account number workable. NO solution from the Moderate_team, now they don't even anser my private message. Bill is due to come. It is so frustrated.

Since the previously number had been ported, the previously number is gone. If you want to change a new number then log in self service account to change it. 

For "cannot received a phone call"'s problem, try power off phone 15 minutes or more and take SIM out, then put it back and power on phone. If does'nt work then try reset network setting.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@aucaIt is Moderator_Team your spelling is incorrect.. so make sure you did send to the right person

To port from Speakout correctly you have to be sure you call in and get the account # from the customer service representative.

BTW there is no bill as this is a prepaid service that means you pay ahead for next 30 days worth of usage.

Need Help? Let's chat.