cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online activation giving me "generic error" page

szossy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi!

Just got my SIM card today and can't get past the first Account Setup page.

Went through community posts, but nothing covered this issue.

I tried clearing browser cookies etc...repeatedly in chrome...restarted the computer at least five times...with clearing browser and tried this entire process with micorsoft edge with the same generic error page showing up.

I made sure I got all of the information correct, especially the SIM Card # 

Thank you!

szossy

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sometimes re-entering the same SIM card number in a short period of time causes issues.  Give it a pause, make sure the browser is up to date, clear browser cache, try again. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@szossy, there are some other posts from this afternoon mentioning that some partner activation portals are down.  If that's the case, it might be tied to your issue also.  Just try again every hour or so. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@szossy wrote:

Hi!

Just got my SIM card today and can't get past the first Account Setup page.

Went through community posts, but nothing covered this issue.

I tried clearing browser cookies etc...repeatedly in chrome...restarted the computer at least five times...with clearing browser and tried this entire process with micorsoft edge with the same generic error page showing up.

I made sure I got all of the information correct, especially the SIM Card # 

Thank you!

szossy

I gotta say nice job looking around and trying to figure things out. Seems most people would quit and start asking basic questions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@szossy, Did you try chrome browser in Incognito mode?  Sometimes that could help.  There's also a chance that the problem is on Public Mobile (server) side.  It could simple clear up in an hour or two.  Any chance you have a screen shot of the error?

Need Help? Let's chat.