cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Porting: How long does it take to load?

Dalia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am porting my number online and the screen has been loading with the message "Please wait while we process your activation is being processed" for 2 hours now. I read the instructions that this may take up to 3 hours, but should I worry about it taking longer? Today is sunday, will it keep going till the next business day tomorrow ?

I am using my work computer because I do not have a computer at home. Once I am done work I will have to close the browser and log off...

I am porting from Speakout. 

14 REPLIES 14

AM4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!

I had Speakout SIM with my own mobile, so no IMEI is associated with the number/account.

Yes, the Speakout account is still active. Interesting, after partial porting, it is still active!

I initiated porting through the change number option in Public Mobile (online). After a few hours of the request, porting has been completed partially. Outgoing and texting (national) are okay from my PM (ported number) but in case of incoming calls, calls are not coming to PM rather going to Speakout.

Why do I need to call Telus Port Team? How they are associated with PM or Speakout?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@AM4Speakout porting should be done in hours not days. How did you initiate the port? What information did you give during the port? Speakout needs the IMEI of the phone that is associated with the account. Is the Speakout account still active (important).

Did anyone from Telus called you? Depending on your circumstances you can try contacting the Telus Port Team.. YMMV depending on how far along with your process.

egg007

@AM4 wrote:

Hi,

How did you contact PM rep? I have the same problem and after 4/5 days porting did not happen from speak out to PM.

To contact PM rep, please private message the Moderator Team directly.

To contact Public Mobile Moderator Team (PMMT):

1. Please send a private message to the Moderator Team by clicking here.
  2. Enter a title and description of the problem, and click SEND.
  3. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it.
  4. You will receive a response in your private message inbox.  Depending on the workload of the PMMT, it may take up to 72 hours for a response.

Moderators' Hours: 

M - F:  8 a.m. to Midnight Eastern Time

Sa - Su:  8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern Time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

All the Best!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@AM4 wrote:

Hi,

How did you contact PM rep? I have the same problem and after 4/5 days porting did not happen from speak out to PM.Simon.JPG

AM4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

How did you contact PM rep? I have the same problem and after 4/5 days porting did not happen from speak out to PM.

egg007

Hi,

I went thru the same process yesterday, porting my son's number from SpeakOut as well.

I'd like to add that after our number was ported, my son was able to call & text out.  However, he could not receive any call / text at all.  The PM rep. called a SpeakOut rep., and told us to wait until the end of day.  He told us that sometimes it just took a little longer.  After about 1.5 hour, everything works.

All the best!

Dalia

I closed my browser and applied again. It worked and I'm all ported !! thank you very much 🙂

@Dunkman wrote:

@Dalia 

The website loading part of the process should have been completed by now.  You either can close the web browser or go back to previous page.  

The key question is whether the SIM is activated and number is ported.  As mentioned in my previous post, you can check by putting your PM SIM card in your phone and checking if you were billied for plan.  If you were not billed for plan, you will need to try the process again.  

GR
Mayor / Maire

If your sim card doesn't work and your credit card was not charged just close your browser and wait an hour and start again.  You should pick a new number in the activation process and after you're done the activation and confirm that you can call and text with the new number then you go back in your new account and click on change number and port your old number! 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dalia wrote:

I am porting my number online and the screen has been loading with the message "Please wait while we process your activation is being processed" for 2 hours now. I read the instructions that this may take up to 3 hours, but should I worry about it taking longer? Today is sunday, will it keep going till the next business day tomorrow ?

I am using my work computer because I do not have a computer at home. Once I am done work I will have to close the browser and log off...

I am porting from Speakout. 

To check whether your porting request was sent or not, follows the stage 1 instruction to determine whether your number was in your PM account or not.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should send a private message to moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

@Dalia 

The website loading part of the process should have been completed by now.  You either can close the web browser or go back to previous page.  

The key question is whether the SIM is activated and number is ported.  As mentioned in my previous post, you can check by putting your PM SIM card in your phone and checking if you were billied for plan.  If you were not billed for plan, you will need to try the process again.  

Dalia

I am also in the process of signing up/activating my new SIM. Instead of picking a new number I chose to port my old number right away. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Did you first creat an account and activated the sim and now you are porting or are you also in the process of signing up

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Dalia 

The website should have been finished loading by now.  Not sure whether your port was processed though.  You may need to try again.  

You can try your SIM card in your phone to see whether it is working or check online to see whether you were charged via credit card.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It usually takes 2 hours to port a cell#.  Here is more info.  Contact a moderator for assistance.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Need Help? Let's chat.