cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 6T

ARmalik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am planning to buy OnePlus 6T and want to use 2 sims in 1 mobile.

I will have 1 AT&T SIM for Data and other will be Public Mobile for Text and Call. 

I wonder if these 2 SIMs will work on OnePlus 6T?

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ARmalik wrote:

@srlawren, thank you for detailed response.

The package of at&t I am using is truly unlimited without any restrictions.  It's 130+tax. no thetering though  For extra 10 dollars, it offers 15gb thetering. And interestingly it's all legal and have physical locations in Brampton.

@ARmalik very cool!  And I'm happy I could help.  Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ARmalik

@srlawren, thank you for detailed response.

The package of at&t I am using is truly unlimited without any restrictions.  It's 130+tax. no thetering though  For extra 10 dollars, it offers 15gb thetering. And interestingly it's all legal and have physical locations in Brampton.

srlawren

@ARmalik wrote:

Actually, I am running Unlimited AT&T North America Calling, Texts and Data while staying in Canada.

I am keeping PM just for my clients to call me easily without making any long distance calls.

@ARmalik no worries, and that makes sense.  The AT&T plan doesn't have any small print about not exceeding 50% of your time in Canada vs. the USA?  I thought most of those plans did.  But in any event, yes a dual SIM phone like the 6T will work well.  Do note that because your calling and data are on different SIMs, most dual SIM models including the 6T are called "dual standby" phones.  This means that you can only select one SIM card at a time as the active SIM for data (you can have both active all the time for calls and texts but only one for data).  So if you have your AT&T card set as your active data SIM and somone calls you on your PM SIM, you won't be able to use mobile data durng the call.  You can use WiFi still if you're connected to WiFi, but not mobile data.

There are a handful of "dual active" SIMs that don't have this limitation, but they are pretty rare.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ARmalik

And Thank you for your feedback @srlawren

ARmalik

Actually, I am running Unlimited AT&T North America Calling, Texts and Data while staying in Canada.

I am keeping PM just for my clients to call me easily without making any long distance calls.

srlawren

@ARmalik wrote:

Hi,

I am planning to buy OnePlus 6T and want to use 2 sims in 1 mobile.

I will have 1 AT&T SIM for Data and other will be Public Mobile for Text and Call. 

I wonder if these 2 SIMs will work on OnePlus 6T?

@ARmalik yes, both AT&T and Public Mobile are fully supported by the OnePlus 6T.  I'm curious though--AT&T.... are you in the USA or in Canada?  Public Mobile is a Canadian provider and not a good choice if you live in the USA.

Need Help? Let's chat.