cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 6

joseemgagne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently with Telus and want to switch to Public Mobile. I am also shopping for a new phone. Can anyone tell me if a OnePlus 6 (the newest model that was release this week) will work on Public Mobile? I don't want to get a phone that will not work.

Thanks.

20 REPLIES 20

joseemgagne

I was checking out another question on the forums and came across someone with similar issues but with an iPhone 6. The person suggested checking out this link:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/oneplus-6

Hope this helps.

joseemgagne

I haven't had any Network connection errors so far with my OnePlus 6. Hopefully someone can answer your question about the APN numbers. Sorry, I can't be of any help.

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you just started having issues? I have a 5 and hacenha had any issues but I did notice a One Plus update the other day

@ace_phone wrote:

I have a OnePlus 6 and am having Network connection errors constantly. Folks on this community say it must be a phone problem, and OnePlus customer service say it must be a network problem. 

OnePlus customer service suggests that there should be an APN setting for their phones available from the Network. Has anyone heard of this?

OnePlus customer service is feeding you a line.  APN settings are set by the software of the phone.  Sometimes, carriers do send automated scripts to configure the settings, but that isn't all that common. What is comes down to is if the settings by the manufactuer are programmed incorrectly, your data isn't going to work.  Hopefully, on your phone's software, they haven't locked out your ability to manually edit the settings (some Android 8.1 devices have this option locked out).

In addition, your issue has nothing to do with APN settings since your data does work.  Now, if you are disconectting, it can very well be a phone/device issue or an issue with the network.  That I won't dispute.

ace_phone

I have a OnePlus 6 and am having Network connection errors constantly. Folks on this community say it must be a phone problem, and OnePlus customer service say it must be a network problem. 

OnePlus customer service suggests that there should be an APN setting for their phones available from the Network. Has anyone heard of this?

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have a 1+ 5.... guess I'm ok to wait for the 7 then... I think I'd prefer the finger scanner on the front as well vs the back.

OnePlus 6 made it to the edge of my short list, where it still hovers on and off.  (The only reasons I'm hesitant about the OnePlus 6 at all involve very specific compatibility needs which this device doesn't quite meet as well as a small handful of other devices.  But if I was a "normal" smartphone user then I'd be all over this thing, lol.)

Specs are good all around, but the onboard hardware promises to be one of the very fastest, snappiest, smartest devices currently on the market.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You should be fine, @PaulH.  And congrats on your purchase!  Still rocking my OnePlus 5T from November and absolutely adore it.  I think the line really is the best bang for the buck in the mid-range/flagship crossover territory.  By which I mean:  flagship performance as evidenced by every speed test on YouTube, yet missing some features like wirelss changing (meh) and official water ingress rating (but still splash and rain friendly).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

PaulH

Thanks for that Smiley Very Happy  I'm always a bit nervous doing a phone change-over, as something usually goes a bit sideways. 

kchow91

pretty hard  to do so. i was just screwing around and pressed set up sim lock by accident

PaulH

I ordered a OnePlus 6 yesterday, as I dropped my older BLU phone and cracked the screen.  Smiley Frustrated  The new phone should be here early next week. 

Someone said be careful to not lock the SIM during the change-over?  How can I avoid this?

Thanks!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I'd love an OP6 but my OP5T is still meeting my needs fine and I've only had it since Nov 22nd last year.  I'll wait out the 6T or the 7, depending how I feel about the 6T when it launches later this year.  🙂

But yes, like the 5T and I beleive the 5 also before it, the 6 is a world phone so no worry about which model you have--they all work, everywhere*.

*with the exception of Sprint and Verizon in the USA which still operate largely on CDMA sadly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kchow91 wrote:

@Wonder_whyUpgraded from the oneplus 3. At a side by side comparison, not much difference besides the bigger screen. The face unlock is a nice feature, I find the fingerprint reader awkard as I am use to the front reader on the OP3. Otherwise they are pretty much the same phones just one has higher spec (opted for the 8gb + 128gb space). Some peace of mind about it being slightly water resistant. Have yet to really test is real world yet as I received it late in the day and I accidentally locked my sim....

Thanks for info 👍👏

kchow91

@Wonder_whyUpgraded from the oneplus 3. At a side by side comparison, not much difference besides the bigger screen. The face unlock is a nice feature, I find the fingerprint reader awkard as I am use to the front reader on the OP3. Otherwise they are pretty much the same phones just one has higher spec (opted for the 8gb + 128gb space). Some peace of mind about it being slightly water resistant. Have yet to really test is real world yet as I received it late in the day and I accidentally locked my sim....

Wonder_why

@kchow91 nice,how is 1+6 ?

natyd

It should work, since it works on all Telus

Public Mobile works on following frequencies:

- 3G (UMTS/HSPA): 850MHz/1900MHz bands

- 4G/LTE use: 1700MHz/2100MHz bands

- 4G/LTE use: 700 MHz band

Here is a link where you can check

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/Lzarn/public-mobile-canada/devices?utf8=%E2%9C%...

kchow91

Yup it works. Just received my op6 yesterday.

kchow91

Yup it works. Received mine yesterday. Just don't be a fool and accidentally lock your sim card while playing with it haha. Waiting on a mod to help me fix it now.

Wonder_why

Should work,1+ works on all Telus 

joseemgagne

I'm looking at buying a new phone and switching to Public Mobile. Oneplus just launched their neweset phone Oneplus 6 this week. Can anyone tell me if this phone will work with PM before I buy it?

Need Help? Let's chat.