cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Registration, tried to retain previous phone number from telus acct, did not succeed

ricwri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Upon registering for Public Mobile account, I endeavoured to transfer my old phone number from my Telus account, encountered difficulties, so selected a new number - the selection choice wording was somewhat ambiguous, wouldn't work, in my case.  The new number is functioning OK on my new  cellphone, and my old number is still functioning, with my old phone, using the Telus account, which I have not yet closed.  

The Number of my Telus Mobile Account is xxxxxxxx,  the phone number I want to retrieve and apply to my new PM account is 604 xxx xxxx - I have had that number for many years

and can do without the extreme hassle of notifying several hundred contacts of the change, I'm too old!

Thanks for your assistance,  Richard

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

@akrit wrote:

And could we also get all our previous texts and calls of the previous SIM?

And also our contacts?

If you are using the same phone, your text messages and contacts will stay on your phone after switching to PM SIM card.

I'm not so sure of the text part of that. When I was last in the states, I got a local SIM. I got a couple texts (although they were actually public alert texts so maybe that's different). Anyway...when I put my home SIM back in, they were gone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@akrit wrote:

And also our contacts?

If you are using the same phone, your text messages and contacts will stay on your phone after switching to PM SIM card.

akrit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

And also our contacts?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@ricwri I edited the personal info you posted as this is a public community. 

As mentioned above, you can request to port in your number from your self-serve account. All you need to provide is your name, ph# and account number followed by checking the Authorized box. Please note, if you are coming from Telus prepaid, make sure you are not using the same email on your public mobile account. 

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is a public forum, so you should remove your personal information as soon as possible.

In order to port your number, sign in to selfserve, and click "change number" on the right side under "My Profile".  You will then have the option to choose to transfer your number over.

Need Help? Let's chat.