cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old text messages

CJane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I transfer my old phone number and switch from another carrier to Public Mobile will I still be able to access all old text messages for material reference?

4 REPLIES 4

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@CJaneyour messages should stay as long as you don't require a factory reset to your phone. You can use this link here to see how to backup your messages up to computer.  If on an android phone. https://www.wideanglesoftware.com/blog/backup-sms-android.php

@CJane wrote:

If I transfer my old phone number and switch from another carrier to Public Mobile will I still be able to access all old text messages for material reference?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CJane wrote:

@CJane  Old text messages reside on your device. Depending on the device you have you can download an App that will allow you to export/backup your messages to local or cloud storage.

Porting you number from another provider should not affect your old messages. Make a backup just to be safe. Smiley Happy

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Regardless if you take sim out of phone or transfer number to another provider your text messages stay on your phone.

Try it. Turn phone off. Pull sim out then turn phone back on.

You could do a backup as well to ensure you don't loose them in the future if you accidentally delete a person's text message which will delete the entire conversation.

If you get a new phone. They will stay on your old phone. Depending on the phones you could transfer the texts over to new phone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CJane wrote:

Your old text message will be in your phone as long as your are not switching to a new phone.  All you are doing is change SIM card to PM SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.