cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old phone number not transferred

Nolan2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Activated a new SIM and tried to keep old phone number.  Went through the activation process fine and then got a message saying that PM was having trouble transferring the number.  Message said someone would be contacting us but hasn't. Anyone know how to scrap the idea of using the old number and using a new number assigned by PM?

9 REPLIES 9

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Nolan2 

You also have an option of porting your number to fongo for one time fee of $25 and never have to port or pay a cent for it. 

You get to keep it forever, you receive all the calls and texts, you can forward for free all your calls. You get to use it abroad too wherever you have access to data or wifi. Great option to keep beloved old phone number

@Nolan2 who were you trying to transfer your number from? Thanks. 

Nolan2

Yes I think so.  It's unfortunate, I thought this would be so simple. 

Nolan2

I don't actually have a solution but a ticket is submitted.  Hopefully someone calls or contacts me within 48 hours.  

Thanks

Nolan2

Why would I have been set up with a temporary cell number when I activated the SIM with my old number.  The problem is that the old number didn't transfer

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Nolan2 your porting process might have already started, it best to just resolve this issue with the moderators.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Nolan2  if your credit card was charged,  insert your SIM and try logging into your self service account.  You would have been activated with a temporary cell phone number. Go through settings to get to phone information to find the number.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Nolan2 wrote:

Activated a new SIM and tried to keep old phone number.  Went through the activation process fine and then got a message saying that PM was having trouble transferring the number.  Message said someone would be contacting us but hasn't. Anyone know how to scrap the idea of using the old number and using a new number assigned by PM?

Contact a moderator for assistance regarding your number.

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Nolan2 Hi you may have to wait for the process to finish but you can always get a new number later some people suggest to get a new number first and after you check that all is working then port your number

Need Help? Let's chat.