cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old phone number did not transfer over properly (due to using the wrong account # upon registering)

Corwin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my Public Mobile SIM card/account yesterday but unfortunately got confused and entered the incorrect account # (Virgin Mobile). The number did not transfer over to my new phone. I had both of them with me this morning and when my wife called my old phone rang. However when I call her from my new phone it reads that the call is coming from me. So far I've gone back into my PM account section where it says 'change phone number'. I entered my active Virgin Mobile phone number but it will no longer accept it (likely because I entered it upon registration?). Any council would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Corwinto add to @stonechucker post, this is the link for private messaging the moderator team.  This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Corwin

While your are waiting for moderator to work on your number port from Virgin,. You can continue to use your Virgin SIM card until it stop working which is a indication that your number is ported to PM.  Then , start using your new PM SIM card.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Your port appears to be stuck, and it would be because of the entry of incorrect information.

You will need to contact the Moderator_Team via the Private Message system in the forum, the envelope icon in the upper right corner of all forum screens.

Explain your issue, and await a response from them.  Provide a contact number other than your cell number in case your Virgin Mobile sim stops working.  Do not cancel your Virgin service, the completion of the port will get that done (eventually).

Response times are currently about 4-5 day.

Need Help? Let's chat.