cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Sim card

hlzhang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

A friend of mine gave me an old public mobile SIM. It is about 3 years old and never used.Can I still use it to activate a new account? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hlzhang wrote:

A friend of mine gave me an old public mobile SIM. It is about 3 years old and never used.Can I still use it to activate a new account? Thanks.

Yes you can. You can also get a free Sim from Walmart but you would have to let them activate it for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hlzhang wrote:

Thanks everyone. I will give it a try.

Also, if you're intending to bring a number from a current provider then do that afterwards. First set up a new number and make sure everything works as intended and then port.

If your phone is from a Canadian provider like Bell family or Telus family then it should work unless it's a much older phone.

Make sure the phone is unlocked first.

hlzhang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks everyone. I will give it a try.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hlzhang wrote:

If it never has been activated it will work . If it has been activated then you will get an error during activation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hlzhang wrote:

There was a recent thread where there was a problem.

Theoretically there shouldn't be a problem if it's truly never been activated (let alone inserted).

Give it a whirl and see if it works.

Use an unaltered browser without blocks and filters and whatnot and don't leave a page sitting for long. Just flow the process.

Need Help? Let's chat.