cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Device Serial number is letters...

BobbyeeJohanna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My old device serial number is a sequence of letters. When I am filling out the form to activate my sim card, it only lets me type numbers. 

Am I doing somethign wrong? Is there another serial number for my phone that consists of numbers?

6 REPLIES 6

Athos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had this same problem. The online form says you online need to fill out one of the fields, so either your old account number (phone number) OR the serial number.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Try looking for ESN instead of serial number.

Better yet: omit it and use the account number from your previous provider instead.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Input the numbers on your sim card in that box. 16 digits I think.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
@bobbyjeejohanna

Activating sim doesn't required anything from phone you only need a unlocked phone or locked to telus or koodo
Here's a link follow that all details are there
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Started-With-Public-Mobile/t...
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

what exatly are you trying to do?

if porting you oly need your old account number your old accout name exatly as is and your old phone number.

activating a sim  card you need teh sim card number of teh new sim, you then can pop the sim into any unlocked phone or a telus or Koodo phone that takes a sim card.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Its asking for SIM number and not your phone's serial number. Sim number should be on the card or back of the sim. 

Need Help? Let's chat.