cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TM7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Old Cell phone number will not transfer over

Ok full story.  I had Telus.  Both my husband and I had Telus phone numbers.  We bought the new Public Mobile Sims and I activated both SIMS, created new accounts for both of us.  When creating the accounts, I followed what they said, and created a new phone number for both phones.  Once everything was good, I went back into both of our accounts and went to "Change Number".  I did that for my husband, his worked out fine.  I did it on mine (said it was sucessful) and it worked right away.  Then about an hour ago, it has switched back to the Public Mobile phone number and my old number has disappeard.  The only number that shows up is the Public Mobile number.

I have tried to go in again to "Change my number" but now it will not let me and my old SIM charge is "no service".

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TM7  @Dunkman suggestions will get your issue fixed but both the telus porting dept and pms moderator division are closed for tonight.  When you send your private message to the moderator team make sure you include your pm and porting ph#, pin #, email, and the full name on the account. You may also be asked: alternate ph #, address oryour security question and answer  to further verify you are the account holder. There's a chance the port will complete overnight so reboot your phone in the morning. You might have a little more luck with the telus porting dept. I believe they open an hour earlier than pm at 7am est . But send your private msg to the mods tonight. Good luck....

@TM7 wrote:

Ok full story.  I had Telus.  Both my husband and I had Telus phone numbers.  We bought the new Public Mobile Sims and I activated both SIMS, created new accounts for both of us.  When creating the accounts, I followed what they said, and created a new phone number for both phones.  Once everything was good, I went back into both of our accounts and went to "Change Number".  I did that for my husband, his worked out fine.  I did it on mine (said it was sucessful) and it worked right away.  Then about an hour ago, it has switched back to the Public Mobile phone number and my old number has disappeard.  The only number that shows up is the Public Mobile number.

I have tried to go in again to "Change my number" but now it will not let me and my old SIM charge is "no service".

If your old sim has no service you should have a completed port but were both your telus numbers on the same account? Was it in your husbands name? Also note you would have to wait at least one hour before trying again.?

Highlighted

@darlicious wrote:

@TM7  @Dunkman suggestions will get your issue fixed but both the telus porting dept and pms moderator division are closed for tonight.  When you send your private message to the moderator team make sure you include your pm and porting ph#, pin #, email, and the full name on the account. You may also be asked: alternate ph #, address oryour security question and answer  to further verify you are the account holder. There's a chance the port will complete overnight so reboot your phone in the morning. You might have a little more luck with the telus porting dept. I believe they open an hour earlier than pm at 7am est . But send your private msg to the mods tonight. Good luck....

Moderators have been unoffficially available virtually 24 hours a day quite a while now.  It's quite possible that a moderator could repsond in the middle of the night.

@TM7, be sure to include the Telus Mobility account number in your messaage to the Public Mobile moderators.  If they have all the needed information (the name of the account owner at Telus, the phone number to be ported, and the Telus account number), it's possible that the number porting can be complete by the time that you wake up in the morning - but not promises about that.

I would suggest to immediately stop trying to manually change your phone number.  The reason for me saying that has to do with the slightly possibility that the number port could complete (especially after contact the moderators) without your realizing it. If you then perform a phone number change, especially if you take another new Public Mobile phone number could "wipe out" the number that you wanted ported in. That would be even more of a hassle to fix.  For now, I also do suggest that you keep using your Telus Mobility service.

@computergeek541  I do believe @TM7  telus service is no longer working. Which would have happened when it did port over. It has reverted back to the pm temp #. Which is a little strange. @TM7  DO NOT ATTEMPT ANOTHER CHANGE NUMBER. @computergeek541  is correct that could really screw things up. Also try private messaging  the moderator... @Violette_M  she is often online around midnight pst so she may be your best bet overnight. ( I was wondering about the late hour when I see her online....shes working the late shift. Great info to know...)

Mayor / Maire

@TM7  Best to  submit a ticket to PM so that they can investigate. Include your Telus number when submitting the ticket.

PMST.png

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You might have to contact public mobile about that