cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TM7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Old Cell phone number will not transfer over

I have done all the steps.  It worked for my husbands when I did it.  It worked fine.  My phone is still showing up as the Public Mobile phone number.  I have tried to go in and "change phone number" again but now I get an error message stating I can't???  It worked at 4:00pm then all of a sudden changed to PM phone number?????

Help???  How do I put a ticket in for them to fix this?

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Old Cell phone number will not transfer over

Click on the icon in the bottom right corner with the green question mark and click on the submit button "click me!". This should open up a ticket for you to fill in, if it does not try clearing cache or using another browser. If this still doesn't work contact the moderators here.

Highlighted

@TM7 wrote:

I have done all the steps.  It worked for my husbands when I did it.  It worked fine.  My phone is still showing up as the Public Mobile phone number.  I have tried to go in and "change phone number" again but now I get an error message stating I can't???  It worked at 4:00pm then all of a sudden changed to PM phone number?????

Help???  How do I put a ticket in for them to fix this?

Check if your older carrier's service is still working. Until the number transfer is complete, all incoming calls should ring there.

When you requested the port in from your self serve account, did it say that the number change was successful?  If it did, incoming calls should start wokring within a few hours on your Public Mobile service.

TM7

Both my husbands and my old sim cards are not working now.  My husbands is working fine.  Mine is not.  I did this like 4 hours ago....  my number has not transferred over.  I'm getting so frustrated.

I can't even see on my profile what number is associated to my phone.....  I would like to ensure all our numbers are correct.  Like my husband has his old phone number and I have mine.

TM7

It wont even allow me to do that.  I click on the question mark... asks for my ID, (which I put in and password).  The screen just sits there and I can't even submit anything.  

Mayor / Maire

@TM7 

Your port should have been completed within 4 hours, especially if your old sim is not working now.  Are you able to call out or text out?  What phone number is showing when you call out or text out?  Maybe try rebooting phone.  

TM7

I have rebooted my phone like 10 times and the Public Mobile phone number comes up and not mine.....

TM7

I have just tried calling and it's definitely showing the Public Mobile number

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TM7 wrote:

Both my husbands and my old sim cards are not working now.  My husbands is working fine.  Mine is not.  I did this like 4 hours ago....  my number has not transferred over.  I'm getting so frustrated.

I can't even see on my profile what number is associated to my phone.....  I would like to ensure all our numbers are correct.  Like my husband has his old phone number and I have mine.

@TM7  Sorry im a little confused...are you porting into public mobile or out to another provider? If in....what services are working on your phone? Call in/out? text in/out? Data? Did you get welcome text or email.?

Mayor / Maire

@TM7 

Some people have had success contacting Telus porting team:  Call 1-877-868-3587

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

If they are unabe to help and you need to contact moderator.  If the ticketing process is not working, you could contact moderator via private message.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437