cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer: $40 for 10GB?

justjohnny47
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I believe I signed up for the above offer, a couple of months ago, via Public Mobile, not another carrier. It stated the new offer would take effect upon new billing cycle. The new cycle came and went without any changes. Any ideas as to what offer I saw and signed up for?

thanks!

John

20 REPLIES 20

justjohnny47

Yes, I was wrong in the offer. It was the plan you mentioned and it took effect and I'm not on that plan.

thx,

J

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MoreYummy wrote:

You probably see that offer in your dream. Smiley Happy

May be 

Black Friday Promo coming stay tune 😁

You probably see that offer in your dream. Smiley Happy

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

They do have $50/8GB right now, including unlimited calls from Canada to US.

=aw

justjohnny47

Thanks for all your input and replies.

I was mistaken (right, 10GB for $40??!!) and believe it was the 5.5GB for $50ish, per month. 

I pay the $120 over 90 days, for 6GB and find that the average 2GB per month is not enough. I will take a look at the current plans and decide.

Thanks again to all !!

John

@stonechucker wrote:

There's no value in any of the current 90-day LTE plans.  Too expensive to be relevant, and 30-day costs are of equal cost for the most part.  No longer a saving for having a provincial only calling plan versus a nationwide plan on 30-day plans (some include the US also right now), and 90-day calling is still mostly different prices.

I love my 90-day $120 12GB prov + sms.  It fits my needs, other than the 90-day cycle for payment.

@I'm still debating on changing plans - thought I'd go for the 8GB offer @ $50.  30-day cycle, extra data at a lower speed (which I get normally anyways).  But don't need the calling bonuses.  Heck, still don't need all that SMS either.

Would love the offers to be made for those of us on 90-day cycles, who like the 90-cycles.  We're paying for a bigger time period, let us enjoy the lower cost that should be offered.

While it makes zero sense these days to sign up for a 90 day full LTE speed plan, those of us who have it would be remiss in not keeping it.  I don't need the Canada wide calling and so it is not an upgrade for me. 

There's no value in any of the current 90-day LTE plans.  Too expensive to be relevant, and 30-day costs are of equal cost for the most part.  No longer a saving for having a provincial only calling plan versus a nationwide plan on 30-day plans (some include the US also right now), and 90-day calling is still mostly different prices.

I love my 90-day $120 12GB prov + sms.  It fits my needs, other than the 90-day cycle for payment.

I'm still debating on changing plans - thought I'd go for the 8GB offer @ $50.  30-day cycle, extra data at a lower speed (which I get normally anyways).  But don't need the calling bonuses.  Heck, still don't need all that SMS either.

Would love the offers to be made for those of us on 90-day cycles, who like the 90-cycles.  We're paying for a bigger time period, let us enjoy the lower cost that should be offered.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am I totally agree with what you say, and that's what I loved about the 90 day plan. My point was that the poster was implying that it broke down to $40 per month for 12 GB per month. At least that's what I inferred, as the thread was about PM never having offered anything close to 10 GB for $40.

Like you, I wish there was better understanding of the 90 day plans. I love them for the summer months when I want to hoard my data for when I'm at the cabin.

GC

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@DougM wrote:

Actually... a little over a year ago I signed up for a $120, 90-Day Autoplay plan that came with 12 GB LTE. That essentially breaks down to $40 per month for 12 GBs.

No, that breaks down to $40 per month for 4 GB. The 12 GB is for the full 90 days.

GC

Calling it $40 for 4GB is a bit on the pessimistic side.  It is not like data flow stops if 4GB is used up in a 30 day period.  There is hidden value in stretching the 12GB over 90 days.  In my current renewal period, I used over 6GB in the first 30 days, but because I normally use around 3GB over 30 days, I will be able to manage without running out of data.  It is too bad customers didn't understand (or chose not to understand) the 90 day renewal concepts resulting in their virtual demise. 

@DougM wrote:

Actually... a little over a year ago I signed up for a $120, 90-Day Autoplay plan that came with 12 GB LTE. That essentially breaks down to $40 per month for 12 GBs.

Nice try, the data bucket has to last the entire renewal duration.  I really don't understand why people interpret the 90 day plans the way they do.  Is it because the outcome is a whole lot better?  If we are getting $12GB for $40 per 30 days, why are they bothering with trying to lure customers to Koodo with such weak offerings?

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DougM wrote:

No, that breaks down to $40 per month for 4 GB. The 12 GB is for the full 90 days.

GC

DougM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If there's such offer, I'll be first one to jump in line!! 😄

BUT We all could always hope and wish someday PM will offer us 10GB for $40. 😉

@will13am wrote:

Oh wow, when I saw the title I was a little excited.  The mirth lasted a split second as this post was not in the announcement sub forum. 

I actually thought this was going to be about a new Koodo offer.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Oh wow, when I saw the title I was a little excited.  The mirth lasted a split second as this post was not in the announcement sub forum. 

Not only has Public Mobile never offered this plan (as already stated earlier), Public hasn't even offered anything remotely close to that.  Sorry, but you're mistaken.  The closest to that in the past couple or few months at Public Mobile has been $40 for 4.5GB.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@justjohnny47 wrote:

Hi,

I believe I signed up for the above offer, a couple of months ago, via Public Mobile, not another carrier. It stated the new offer would take effect upon new billing cycle. The new cycle came and went without any changes. Any ideas as to what offer I saw and signed up for?

thanks!

John

May be future Black Friday Offer, we all hoping cross your fingers and toes

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@justjohnny47 wrote:

Hi,

thanks!

John

There has never been that offer here.  Not even any of the migration offers were 10GB for $40

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@justjohnny47

Are you talking about the PM to Kooko migration offer $40 10GB plan?

If yes, you are activating a Koodo plan - not at pm.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @justjohnny47;  I've been around here for almost a year, and i don't *think* there has been any such offer.  If there was, there would be a line up a mile long.

Need Help? Let's chat.