cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OUtgoing texts not working

CH8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My son is on the $10 talk and text and none of his outgoing texts ever get sent. Anyone know why?  or what i need to do?  

19 REPLIES 19

israelp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

please tell me what to do

bootz15

Upon further inspection, I was mistaken - I purchased the addon for the wrong account.

I mistook the "alternative phone number" on the home tab as the account phone number on the "plan" tab.

If you could still refund me that'd be super great! But I'm not expecting it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bootz15 wrote:

Same for me.. I bought a US roaming text add-on onto my plan, but when I got to the states it didn't work. I could recieve texts in the US, but I could not send any. Every time I tried, I got this message:

"Sorry, your currently plan does not include US Roaming text messaging."

Yes, it does!

That screen shot doesn't help us much. Can you provide one of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

You need to add funds into your Available Funds first then purchase the add-on. It would then show up down in your My Data & Add-ons area on your overview page.

Then upon arrival in the states, you will need to verify that you're automatically connecting to either AT&T or T-Mobile or manually scan for and connect to them. If you got roaming data then you would need to turn that option on on your phone.

bootz15

Same for me.. I bought a US roaming text add-on onto my plan, but when I got to the states it didn't work. I could recieve texts in the US, but I could not send any. Every time I tried, I got this message:

"Sorry, your currently plan does not include US Roaming text messaging."

Yes, it does!

Screenshot_20190714-173003.png

@Brittany8is your daughter trying to send just text or picture text ie MMS?

Brittany8

My daughter's phone will not send texts out and she has unlimited texting on her phone.

CH8

ok thanks.  i didn't know it was a known issue.  i was getting giving my son a hard time because he kept saying he texted me and I never got it!  🙂 moderator contacted.  wait and see i guess.  It's been happening for awhile now!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CH8 wrote:

lol.  ok.  This is the overview page, right? how's does that help? 🙂

That's the one. Yes. You're another victim of a known problem. As mentioned, you'll need to contact the mods.

CH8

lol.  ok.  This is the overview page, right? how's does that help? 🙂overview.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CH8 wrote:

Overview page. Not details. Good on the blanking out :).

CH8

overview.PNG

overview2.PNG

@CH8 wrote:

nope. none of his outgoing texts get sent.  he hasn't used any of his allotment. 

when i look at usage, i can see calls and incoming texts but nothing for outgoing

@CH8  PM was experiencing sending text issues for certain accounts on the $10 and $15 plans but had since announced that it was corrected. Have you tried powering down the phone removing the sim for 5 minutes and then restarting the phone with the sim reinserted to see if it fixes the issue? If it still a problem then you need to notify PM of the issue. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Car

The moderator(s) can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If it does end up being that he reached the maximum texting allotment then you could consider the 15$ pkg, then texts are unlimited. 50 texts can go by soooo fast

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CH8 wrote:

nope. none of his outgoing texts get sent.  he hasn't used any of his allotment. 

when i look at usage, i can see calls and incoming texts but nothing for outgoing

Maybe you could post a screen snip of the overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

CH8

how do i reach out to a moderator?

CH8

CH8

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CH8 

The $10 plan has only 50 outgoing minutes per billing cycle.  Login to his account and check the usage   if you do not see the line showing how many texts used on the overview page, your son has used all 50 outgoing texts.  If you see that line, his account may not be provisioned correctly.  Try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision his plan features again. 

Report phone lost.  Wait a few minutes.  Report phone found.  Restart his phone.  If this doesn't work, send a private message to moderator for help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CH8 wrote:

My son is on the $10 talk and text and none of his outgoing texts ever get sent. Anyone know why?  or what i need to do?  

That's a limited texting plan. Your son has most likely sent all of their allotment. He could use a texting app with wifi amongst other options.

Need Help? Let's chat.