cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numerous problems on startup

halda
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Signed up for 500MB +500MB $25 plan at London Drugs and then found out I was put on other, less desirable $25 plan.  Used site to change back to plan I wanted.  My phone works but I can only recieve text, not send, and I have no connection to network.  Phone is unlocked and is turned on for using data.  Have seen some reference to porting which I do not understand or know if it refers to my problem.  Ideas?

12 REPLIES 12

halda

Phone says it is hooked up to Public Mobile.  It does not have an APN configured which might be a  problem.  I have tried one set of instructions to create one which didn't work so I will keep  trying for this.  Am I right?  Do I need an APN on my phone?

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Here's a few things to try:

1. Reboot your phone (power off & on).

2. Check that your phone says that you're connected to PM.

For Android:

• open your device's settings app
  • open "Network & Internet"
  • open "Mobile Network"
  • open "Settings"

If not, try resetting to see if it picks up the PM network.

3. If that fails, something went wrong in the porting process and you should send a private message to a mod.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@halda wrote:

Signed up for 500MB +500MB $25 plan at London Drugs and then found out I was put on other, less desirable $25 plan.  Used site to change back to plan I wanted.  My phone works but I can only recieve text, not send, and I have no connection to network.  Phone is unlocked and is turned on for using data.  Have seen some reference to porting which I do not understand or know if it refers to my problem.  Ideas?

You told self serve to do the change right away?  If you did that, you just paid $25 more.

halda

Thanks, will try them.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@halda 

@halda wrote:

Always texted with no data before.

Your phone might not have fully activated after porting using this link send them a message so they can fix it

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@halda 

@halda wrote:

Account disabled

The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Send them a message

halda

Always texted with no data before.

halda

Account disabled

@halda wrote:

Kept my old number, changed April 3, disconnected from Virgin immediatley.  Then found out my phone was locked and that took a while to sort out.

@halda  If you keep your old number, it means you ported in from virgin. April 3rd is long enough time to have porting process completed successfully.

Try sticking in your old virgin sim card, is it still working or has it stopped? When you say disconnected from virgin, is that you sticking in the PM sim, or the account being disabled?

halda

Kept my old number, changed April 3, disconnected from Virgin immediatley.  Then found out my phone was locked and that took a while to sort out.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@halda wrote:

@halda  Did you choose a new number or did you bring your old number from another company over? What day did you sign up at london drugs, and when did you change your plan to the new one? Did you do a "change plan now" or "change plan at renewal" ?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@halda wrote:

@halda  If you have no connection to network, how do you receive text? Turned on for data using Wifi? Are you using imessage? What about calls? You are not on public mobile network?

Need Help? Let's chat.