cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number

billyjean007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just changed my number by I’m not getting any incoming messages.Do i need to get another SIM card from public for my new number?

7 REPLIES 7

@darlicious oooh I didn't mean to offend.  I added no offense intended.  

I really love Miss Piggy and my favourite Miss Piggy quote is:

6dd3b98721faae8c3d8d4e6a18ec0cea

@RosieR 

Lol....miss piggy! One could take that the wrong way! I like gonzo and Beeker. Gee I can think of a couple grumpy old men around here too!

Edit: And Animal!!!

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@billyjean007 wrote:

I just changed my number by I’m not getting any incoming messages.Do i need to get another SIM card from public for my new number?

Hi @billyjean007 is your username your phone number? LOL I hope not.  Can't you think of any other username?  e.g. if you are female maybe Miss Piggy?  I love Miss Piggy! if male, Kermit?  No offense intended.. I just love the Muppets. 

Anyway, as already stated above, no need to get a new sim card to change your number.  Just log in your self-serve account >> My Profile >> Change Numberself serve overview -3 my profile - edit profile - change number.png

If that's how you changed your number, turn your phone off and back on again. 

Just need to change number in self service account. No need for new SIM card. 

If rebooting your does not work, try a network reset.  

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For privacy and security concerns, better not to use you Phone number as your ID. 

Hopefully your new number isn't your community profile name. You might start getting more calls and messages than you would want.....at least for another 30 days until you could change your number again.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @billyjean007 ,

I do not see why you would need another SIM if you only changed your phone number.

Have you Re-Booted your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.