Did you mean: 

Number

Lynnleader34
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are you able to put a Vancouver number on a phone

8 REPLIES 8

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, as long as you recognize your area code, you can scroll thru the selections and check the areas what area code + phone numbers are available.  I wanted a 604 area code and that's what I did.  (when you select Vancouver, they give you a different area code)

@Lynnleader34  Keep in mind that @popping suggestion is clever and correct it could cause long distances charges for those trying to call you. But it s a good way to get the desirable (604) area code. In the same vein if you wanted to save up to 10% off your bill choosing a number from Alberta would save you the pst when paying with a credit card. Decide what your purpose is to have a certain area code.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

Since PM minutes are CW now. Therefore, no extra cost by using different city. One can select difference BC city or town still have 604 area code.

Just did a quick test.  I found a 604 number at Chilliwack.

604 Chilliwack.JPG

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Since PM minutes are CW now. Therefore, no extra cost by using different city. One can select difference BC city or town still have 604 area code.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lynnleader34 wrote:

@Lynnleader34  Yes...you can change your phone number once every thirty days. Go into your account and click on change number. A box will pop up with your choices. You can refresh it for more choices or choose to customize the last four digits. It almost exclusively only offers the (236) area code which does not designate it as Vancouver only.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Lynnleader34 they say the best time to pick a number is early in the morning, that's when the most numbers are available! 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Lynnleader34 wrote:

Yes but you may not get a 604 area code.  You may get one of the newer area codes

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay safe

Need Help? Let's chat.