cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number won't port BACK from Koodo

camsquam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Long story short, I left PM this past weekend for Koodo because my phone broke and that was my cheapest option. Now, my phone has been fixed affordably and all that, so am looking to get back with PM.

I returned the phone and have no Tab with Koodo anymore, so there's none of that 90-day window stuff going on here.

So: is there some issue doing that many switches in a short amount of time, or is my number never going to be eligible on PM again? Need to figure it out, as PM is definitely the carrier I want and I NEED to keep my number.

Thanks all!

9 REPLIES 9

camsquam

Hey again,

Yeah, the port from PM to Koodo was successful. Koodo acct still open.

I've messaged a mod already so should have it resolved soon. Koodo support said it was happening likely because it was JUST ported over a couple days ago to them.

Thanks for all of the help!

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@camsquam  In order to port a number to another company, your account with the carrier of your phone number you wish to port, needs to be active. 

You said you left PM last weekend, did you port your number successfully from PM to Koodo? If so, then you need to contact Koodo to reactivate your account with payment to make it active and then you return to Public Mobile to activate a sim and create an accound and a request to port your number back. 

You can't port a number from Koodo (or any company) if the account is already closed and not active. You need to restablish your account with Koodo in order to port the number back to PM.

camsquam

Have tried all of that!

OK, will reach out to a Mod. thanks!

@camsquam 

Website can be finicky.  Maybe try a different web browser, clearing cache or going incognito.  Chrome incognito works well. 

Porting from Koodo post paid.  Need to know Koodo account number, account holder name and phone number (omite IME, PIN information).  

If that does not work, you will need to contact moderator.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

camsquam

It's postpaid. Done all of that, just keeps giving me errors when I try to port it. Weird!

@camsquam wrote:

Yeah, I ported my number from PM, so that account closed. Already made a new account, and picked the temporary number like last time. Just seems to be a hang up this time on getting my number in. Maybe I should wait a day or two before porting, as it's been a couple times recently?

@camsquam  Not an issue, just go into selfserve and setup the port if it's Koodo postpaid. If Koodo prepaid then message the moderator the details. No problem, you can port in and out as many times as you want.

Edit: Koodo account must be active in order to port out.

@camsquam wrote:

Long story short, I left PM this past weekend for Koodo because my phone broke and that was my cheapest option. Now, my phone has been fixed affordably and all that, so am looking to get back with PM.

I returned the phone and have no Tab with Koodo anymore, so there's none of that 90-day window stuff going on here.

So: is there some issue doing that many switches in a short amount of time, or is my number never going to be eligible on PM again? Need to figure it out, as PM is definitely the carrier I want and I NEED to keep my number.

Thanks all!

I have a feeling that when you returned the phone, you also had your Koodo services cancelled. Is the number still working at Koodo?  If not, you will first need to get it reactivated there.

camsquam

Yeah, I ported my number from PM, so that account closed. Already made a new account, and picked the temporary number like last time. Just seems to be a hang up this time on getting my number in. Maybe I should wait a day or two before porting, as it's been a couple times recently?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@camsquam wrote:

Thanks all!

@camsquam  Did you port your number to Koodo? If yes, then you need to sign-up with PM as a new customer. New sim, new email and new account and then you can port your number back from Koodo.

If you did not port your number and your account is currently suspended just log back in make payment and away you go.

Need Help? Let's chat.