cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S--S
Mayor / Maire

Re: Number transfers

@TessieBoo 

all in here community site they are same me and you customer no one can can help you...

as i say to you before at my original post and read

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with a temporary phone number and after that your contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, for the transfer your number to Public Mobile,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

do you !!

TessieBoo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@S--S 

Yes, I know that we are all the same in this community.  

I didn't follow your advice as Cogeco assured me that there would be no problem in porting the landline to Public Mobile.  Guess they were wrong.

I have now contacted customer support.

Thank you for your reply.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@TessieBoo : Ok. Then let's back up. What make/model/submodel phone is it? Can you find the networks that it can connect to? ie. 3G or 4G (or GSM but we don't want that)

S--S
Mayor / Maire

@TessieBoo wrote:

@S--S 

Yes, I know that we are all the same in this community.  

I didn't follow your advice as Cogeco assured me that there would be no problem in porting the landline to Public Mobile.  Guess they were wrong.

I have now contacted customer support.

Thank you for your reply.

@TessieBoo 

your welcome
and i hope them will fix it for you as soon as possible
to you enjoy your service with PM....

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

TessieBoo

@z10user4 

It is a tianhoo phone and according to the description in the ad on Amazon, it is definitely compatible with Public Mobile. And it is 4G.

I thought if I took the back off and removed the SIM card, that might help.  BUT, I broke the darned adapter thing that makes it fit in this phone.  Will look for my SIM card package and use the one that is there - my phone took the mini one.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@TessieBoo : If I found the same one then it also has GSM. See if you can find a setting that says what kind of network it's connecting to. It might have a descending list from 4G to 3G to 2G. If there's a 3G only then that would be good. But don't use 2G.

TessieBoo

@z10user4 

Well, it's supposed to be 4G, but it's on 2G and I can't change it.  Perhaps that's because the network isn't active....I don't know.  Anyway, I'll wait for the moderator to answer me, and perhaps call Cogeco back and hope I get someone that can actually help me and finish their end of things.....send me that email, or text me.

S--S
Mayor / Maire

@TessieBoo 

at public mobile not support 2G...

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

do you can try to tast your SIM card in another device...

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@TessieBoo : Odd that you can't change it. That's what the problem is though. This place doesn't do GSM 2G. Are you sure there's nothing to change? Are you able to change which network it's connecting to? Like is it connected to Rogers or Fido or Chatr at the moment? Obviously you'd want it to connect to Public Mobile.

It's why I asked if it worked before the porting. This is a different problem unrelated to porting.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@TessieBoo   do you have another phone to test the PM SIM itself?? 

Also, sounds like Cogeco passed the line to PM, but did they confirm why did they do so?? Today?  Did you call PM porting team and confirm the porting  completed??

Need Help? Let's chat.