Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S--S
Mayor / Maire

Re: Number transfers

@TessieBoo 

open all link i send to in my OP and read them all, they say this,

• The number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number. When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days. You may experience mixed service during this process until the transfer is complete. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.
  • If you don’t want to wait, you can select a new number when activating, and transfer your old number later.
  • If you’ve waited more than 2 hours, and you’re still experiencing issues, you should contact our Customer Support Agents. Since you’re new to Public Mobile, this will be a 2-step process:
    • First, create a Community account here by selecting ‘Sign In’, then ‘New User? Register here.”
    • Then, start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon to submit a ticket to our Customer Support Agents by clicking here link.
TessieBoo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@esjliv 

Thank you so much for the information!  I will make sure I don’t cancel her home phone until I know that her cell is working properly.

TessieBoo

Hi again community....

Ok..............Cogeco disconnected mom's phone this morning.  I've been waiting for an email or text, but so far, nothing yet.  I think they may have texted the information to mom's cell, but I can't retrieve it because the account hasn't been activated yet.  Why do I think this?  Because after her phone went dead, somehow or other they called and it was some kind of a recorded message from Cogeco, and she didn't understand anything about the call.  Soooo, can anyone advise me what I should do now?  Thank you!

TessieBoo

Just got off the phone with COGECO......they tell me that the number has been ported, and it's now up to Public Mobile.  

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@TessieBoo : Have you now restarted the phone again? Or tested it? Possibly even just airplane mode toggle.

TessieBoo

Thank you....will try restarting the phone now.

TessieBoo

Turned phone off, and restarted it....tried calling someone and got a message saying that the mobile network is not available.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@TessieBoo : Did anything work before the port finished? Does the account show as active in the self-serve?

TessieBoo

@z10user4   

No, nothing was working before.  I don't even know if the port finished because I was expecting an e mail or something from COGECO to confirm the porting of the number, and I didn't receive anything from them.  The fellow said that everything had been sent to Public Mobile, and it was up to them to finish the porting.

TessieBoo

Yes, the account shows "Active"

Need Help? Let's chat.