cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer issue

neilwalser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • I’m trying to have my Telus number transferred to public mobile. I have followed the steps but nothing has happened. Gone through the process twice now thinking I might of missed something but all I’m left with is a ticket number and “our moderator team will contact you within 48 hours” ....
11 REPLIES 11

@rliu1993 sorry no telephone number to call. Do you have the same problem?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@neilwalser the moderator will get you and running soon. Meanwhile, your old Telus SIM should still work unless you have a temporary number to use.

rliu1993
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

there is a number to call about this issue. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@neilwalser 

Attached is the public mobile article on transferring and porting phone numbers:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

reply time varies, now should be fast, unless there are so many tickets they need to handle.  generally they reply fast in my case.   

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@neilwalser wrote:
  • I’m trying to have my Telus number transferred to public mobile. I have followed the steps but nothing has happened. Gone through the process twice now thinking I might of missed something but all I’m left with is a ticket number and “our moderator team will contact you within 48 hours” ....

Hi @neilwalser nothing to do for now until you hear back from the moderators.  Response time these days is much faster.  However if more than 48 hrs. had passed and no moderator reply, send another ticket.

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

@neilwalser wrote:

Yeah I guess the email notice noting I had received a message is what I never got. After it says “our moderator team will message contact you with 48 hours with a response. You will receive a message to your private message inbox - don’t worry we will also send you an email when you have a response - make sure to check your email spam folder”  not a big deal though I just wasn’t monitoring my private message inbox because they did respond to me there 

@neilwalser    Yes, sometimes things around here don't work exactly as advertised/or supposed to...small hiccups here and there seem to be fairly routine.  It's a good idea to check your community inbox frequently once you contact moderators for any issue. 

Anyway, hopefully they'll get your transfer done fairly quickly now that you've received their response to your request.  😊

neilwalser

Yeah I guess the email notice noting I had received a message is what I never got. After it says “our moderator team will message contact you with 48 hours with a response. You will receive a message to your private message inbox - don’t worry we will also send you an email when you have a response - make sure to check your email spam folder”  not a big deal though I just wasn’t monitoring my private message inbox because they did respond to me there 

@neilwalser wrote:

Yeah after I posted this I noticed that. No email it said it would send me when I had a response though. Thanks. 

@neilwalser   All messaging with moderators (PM employees) is done via private message (your community inbox).  You can also receive an email notice when a moderator has sent you a message, but you still would need to sign into your community account to read that message.  Look under your subscription/notifications to see if your email notice is subscribed to...click your avatar for profile settings

neilwalser

Yeah after I posted this I noticed that. No email it said it would send me when I had a response though. Thanks. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@neilwalser wrote:

@neilwalser   If you've contacted moderators then you need to be patient and wait for their response which will show up in the envelope icon top right of your screen.  Normally they respond back with an hour or two, however, sometimes it can take a little longer. 

Good luck and welcome to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.