cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer from Fongo not working

kristenelyse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I just received a text message telling me that Public Mobile is having trouble transferring my number from Fongo. I was told to go to Publicmobile.ca, click on Contact Us, and complete the SIM and Activiation online form. But I don't know if it means to go through the process again? Won't that just lead to the same problem they are having? 

2 REPLIES 2

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kristenelyse 

Did you following the Fongo port out instruction?

https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/212437466-Transfer-my-Fongo-number-to-another-carrier

If you have a Fongo number less than 90 days, you need to pay $25 transfer fee first.

Yes, you cannot use the self-serve porting form again.

Is your Fongo number showing on your [Plan and Add-Ons] page?

If yes, number porting is a 2 stages process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should send a private message to moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

Porting from Fongo will take up to 7 days similar to porting a landline.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kristenelyse wrote:

Hello,

I just received a text message telling me that Public Mobile is having trouble transferring my number from Fongo. I was told to go to Publicmobile.ca, click on Contact Us, and complete the SIM and Activiation online form. But I don't know if it means to go through the process again? Won't that just lead to the same problem they are having? 

@kristenelyse  You need to supply any additional info to the Public Mobile team. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Need Help? Let's chat.