cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting

ryguy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I signed up last night and was porting my number from lucky mobile said it would take 2 hours been a lot more than that and my number still hasn’t been ported ... any help please

10 REPLIES 10

@darlicious wrote:

@geopublic 

You asked the question or wondered out loud ,  " so not sure where the 2 hours comes from." And I answered it....i couldn't find the direct statement 2 hours as I've seen previously provided by @computergeek541  but "a few hours" falls within that time frame. In general a mobile phone port should be completed in two hours unless it's rogers then maybe 3 hours. Unless you have forgotten to remove porting protection any time longer indicates a problem which is likely a stuck port so moderator contact is necessary.

The Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association says "2.5 business hours", although they don't define what they mean by that. https://www.cwta.ca/for-consumers/wireless-number-portability/#9

@geopublic 

You asked the question or wondered out loud ,  " so not sure where the 2 hours comes from." And I answered it....i couldn't find the direct statement 2 hours as I've seen previously provided by @computergeek541  but "a few hours" falls within that time frame. In general a mobile phone port should be completed in two hours unless it's rogers then maybe 3 hours. Unless you have forgotten to remove porting protection any time longer indicates a problem which is likely a stuck port so moderator contact is necessary.

Meghan123

Did you contact lucky mobile before setting up you PM account? Your number may be locked, it needs to be unlocked by your current provider before porting. 

@darlicious  What it can take and what it does take are two different things. There isn't a guarantee and the reality is that it could take a lot longer than two hours.

@geopublic 

This from the crtc I believe @computergeek541 has provided info referring to  the two hour time frame but this the info I found....

How long does it take to transfer my phone number?

For mobile phones, it can take a few hours. For landline to mobile or mobile to landline, it typically takes up to 2 business days. You might also experience a disruption in service while it’s being transferred, including disruptions to 9-1-1 services.

Contact your service provider for more details.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ryguy  Judging by other customer responses over the past year ports from other providers take from a couple of minutes to 4+ hours, so not sure where the 2 hours comes from.

Some providers will also try to contact the customer for a win back opportunity before releasing the number.

ryguy

Hi I have already tried that .. credit card was charged and account was created .. I have contacted a moderator as per the first suggestion thanks 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ryguy try restarting your phone.  Wait 30 seconds and restart it. Log into your self service account and go to the plan page. If your Lucky numbet shows up there.  Your port may be stuck.  Contact the moderators and explain your situation as suggested by @gpixel . In the meantime add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ryguy 

Was your credit card charged?  Did you get welcome email or text?

What happens when you put the PM SIM card in the phone? Any signal?  If stuck port, you still should be able to call and text out?  Not receive call or texts.

Is your Lucky mobile SIM still working?

which model phone ?

Maybe try rebooting your phone with PM sim card.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ryguy you can contact customer support here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.