cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting not complete after 23 hours so far.

davidjdailey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up my father and got the account working. I got the referral bonus. But the problem is that he cannot receive calls using the Public Mobile sim card. He only receives some of the texts and he can place outgoing SMS and MMS. 

He switched back to the Rogers sim card and received a bunch of SMS and can receive phone calls. I messaged moderators about 6 this morning. 

11 REPLIES 11

davidjdailey

At about 6 this morning he got the text saying his transfer was complete. Plus about 15 texts that were lost all at the same time. That makes it about 60 hours of waiting. 

davidjdailey

@GinYVR Yes, they contacted the main account holder for me, but not for my dad... yet. Perhaps, they only do it during business hours, Monday to Friday. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@davidjdaileyI assume you know who the main account holder is.. can you ask the account holder if they receive any messages from Rogers? With my Rogers account they do call asking for verification.

@davidjdailey wrote:

Somebody else is the main account holder. 

@davidjdailey Not a problem then.🙂

davidjdailey

Somebody else is the main account holder. 

@davidjdailey on certain family type plans there are penalties involved breaking it up meaning shared data, talk  phones purchased things like that not sure what yours involved

@davidjdailey wrote:

It's part of a family plan. So maybe that makes it more complicated. I was lucky to have a phone with 2 sim card slots for myself, so I didn't notice exactly when one card quit and the other started (I think they both were working for more than a day, eventually the Rogers one went dark) . But my dad just has to switch back and forth. 

@davidjdailey Is your dad the main account holder on that plan? If yes, then his number should be ported out last.

davidjdailey

It's part of a family plan. So maybe that makes it more complicated. I was lucky to have a phone with 2 sim card slots for myself, so I didn't notice exactly when one card quit and the other started (I think they both were working for more than a day, eventually the Rogers one went dark) . But my dad just has to switch back and forth. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@davidjdailey wrote:

I signed up my father and got the account working. I got the referral bonus. But the problem is that he cannot receive calls using the Public Mobile sim card. He only receives some of the texts and he can place outgoing SMS and MMS. 

He switched back to the Rogers sim card and received a bunch of SMS and can receive phone calls. I messaged moderators about 6 this morning. 

@davidjdailey Just continue to use the sim from Rogers until it stops working. Once that happens start using the PM. Judging by how slow things are running around here doesn't suprise me that the port is taking this long. Other customers have reported Fido ports taking over 24 hours to complete in the past.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@davidjdailey hi yes unfortunately that's about all you can do at this point its a waiting game good luck

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@davidjdailey wrote:

Only moderator can fix failed port.  You will neee to wait for reply. Did you give them Rogers account number?

Need Help? Let's chat.